My SOFTWARE WAS GENUINE RRS feed

• Question

• I have never purchased Windows software from EBay, they can have consent to view my purchases. I purchased mine from a legit advert from INGRAM MICRO, I still have the yellow sticker to prove it. It was also a RETAIL copy but after it took longer than expected to arrive I questioned it and was told this was shipped from China. I contacted MS support having a ref contact number for it. They OK'd the purchase and when it arrived I installed it and verified it as Genuine. I'm now being told it was because I chose to replace my CPU that MS now see my THREE copies as NON GENUINE. I have sent to them as requested, a Diag Report on 24th October, I then had to have surgery and have just come out of hospital in a lot of pain and getting more from MS as they wanted a resend which in pain I manage to do today along with Scans of my licence number and DVD's. I am now being asked why I am so reluctant to send a Diag Print to them. It seems that there may be more than one person in their support team, somewhere, asking the same questions confusing the issue, or someone is not reading their mails correctly. If I was holding NON GENUINE software, why would I resend today along with voluntary scans of this software, when I should be resting. I am also a retired Police Officer and if I used bogus software I would certainly be looking at more than a slap on the leg. Someone has crossed wires or Microsoft has re looked at the rules as I always thought RETAIL licences could be taken off one disc and loaded on another if used by same person and only a single installation was also used. I have comments from the PC press who seem to think as I do. If I am wrong then I am only too happy to realign and pay but it was not as I thought. I except O.E.M may be confined to a single PC, but retail was allowed to be re-installed.

Monday, November 5, 2012 2:55 PM

Answers

• To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
     Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Monday, November 5, 2012 5:39 PM