Domain appears to have been dropped but webmaster tools does not show it. RRS feed

• Question

• A couple months ago, we switched our domain name from Dantclayton.com to StadiumBleachers.com to better reflect what we do. We set up a 301 redirect on the old domain and everything seemed to be going well. We were getting searched by the search engines and getting ranked with some keywords. The problem is that it now appears that MSN has now dropped our site. We are not ranking for any of our keywords yet the webmaster tools shows the site is okay. Can anyone shed any light on this? I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:39 PM

Answers

• It appears that MSN is having problems with 301 redirects. All the links for my url are listed as www.domainname.com and not the title of the page. I've read that there are many others experiencing the same problem. Hopefully they resolve this soon.
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:11 PM

All replies

• It appears that MSN is having problems with 301 redirects. All the links for my url are listed as www.domainname.com and not the title of the page. I've read that there are many others experiencing the same problem. Hopefully they resolve this soon.
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:11 PM
  • I have heard this too, but from some time ago.

It was admitted and then a promise to do something about it.

It would be nice to get a reply from LS, to confrim if they feel this isue has been fixed, or whether it is still ongoing.

Mark
    Monday, February 25, 2008 1:02 AM