Putting password or permissions RRS feed

• Question

• If i have formatted External Hard drive with NTFS and denied access to such partition then Is that permission will remain same if there is need to connect External drive to other computer(s)? I think answer is "No". Then do you know about any Windows' Utilitities or updates that preserves the permissions for external drive also?

Can any one (who are capable to reach the microsoft) be able to draw the attention of Microsoft to this issue?

Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:01 AM

All replies

• Im not 100% sure of what issue you want Microsoft to see?

If i am reading your post correctly, you have an exteranl drive you have set a deny permission on and you want to ensure if you use the drive on another machine then the deny permission remains in place?

The issue with that is that there are plenty of tools and utilities floating around that can effectively bypass permissions and access your data, as long as you know how to use the tools, and a lot of them are free! So I think the answer to your question, as you rightly think, is No.

Andrew

Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:35 AM
  • Thank you so much Andrew.

Let see what happened and until we can hope for the best 

And really want to comment on your answer that it is so precise and written very aptly. Each word is correctly written that shows your command over the language. And you understood my query rightly. And in future, i would wish that we will meet together to solve computer's problems. 

Sunday, October 14, 2007 8:09 AM
  • Glad I could help :-)

Feel free to post any other questions you might have and hopefully we can get you any answers you might need.

Andrew

Sunday, October 14, 2007 8:18 AM