Renaming an Entity - Changing Marketing List Member Type RRS feed

• Question

• I am having trouble renaming the Contact entity. I can get the name to change on the form and on the left-side navigation pane. However, I cannot get it to change on the Marketing List entity. When I go to select the member type, it still says Contact. I changed the display name and the messages.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Saturday, January 14, 2012 7:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you change the name of "Contact"  in the relationship with "Marketinglist"?

How many Solutions do you have in your organization?

when you exported the translations of your solution? did you renamed the Entität Contact in the Marketinglist?

Hier ist a screenshot where you should the Contact that you ll rename 

Try it again and then publish your  the customazation

Please vote as helpful or answer if this Post help you

thanks

Be wise
    • Marked as answer by CRMQuestion Monday, January 16, 2012 6:31 PM
    Monday, January 16, 2012 5:36 PM

All replies

• What i understand about your question is that you wanna change the select item whose text is "Contact" to another text what you want, such as "Person" and so on.

If the understanding is true, you should using attribute editor and modify the "Marketing List Member Type" field, change the "Contact" item's text to what you want.

wish to help you

daemon lin
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:01 AM
  • Hi

if you renamed the Contact Entity, to avoid confusion for other Crm User you have to make sure that you also rename the Entity in every relationship where the Contact Entity might be linked to. It is not just enough to rename it once .

To achieve this, You can export the translation file  ( see the button on the top of your solution) thenextract it,  open "the xml translation file with Excel" and go to the "third Tab call Display Name" and search in the Marketinglist where Contact will appear and rename it, you can rename Contact for other Entities if you want. After that you have to import your translation File again and publish it.

Please vote if the answer was helpful or mark it as Answer

Be wise
    Monday, January 16, 2012 10:10 AM
  • Thank you for your answers. I have tried exporting the translations, changing contact to member (what we want it to be) and then importing the translations. It did not work.

Do you have any other suggestions?

So far we have:

1. Changed the Display name from Contact to Member, within the solution

2. Changed all the views

3. Changed all the messages to reflect the changes (i.e. changed the word contact to member)

4. Updated the translations

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The member type dropdown on the marketing list still reads Contact instead of Member. CRM does not allow us to update this field directly.

Thanks.

Monday, January 16, 2012 3:41 PM
  • Hi,

Did you change the name of "Contact"  in the relationship with "Marketinglist"?

How many Solutions do you have in your organization?

when you exported the translations of your solution? did you renamed the Entität Contact in the Marketinglist?

Hier ist a screenshot where you should the Contact that you ll rename 

Try it again and then publish your  the customazation

Please vote as helpful or answer if this Post help you

thanks

Be wise
    • Marked as answer by CRMQuestion Monday, January 16, 2012 6:31 PM
    Monday, January 16, 2012 5:36 PM
  • This worked! Thank you so much! Your screenshot really helped. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
    Monday, January 16, 2012 6:31 PM