Uninformative error after the installation (CRM 2013) RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed CRM 2013, DB, SSRS and the extensions. After that, I've created an organization. When I attempt to access the newly created organization I'm getting the error as shown below.

The information's as helpful as a chocolate teapot and I have no idea how to proceed. When I misspell the name, I'm getting the error that web page isn't found, so I'm getting the impression that something is up and running.

Suggestions?!

Konrad Viltersten CRM Konsulterna +46 721 67 60 53

Monday, April 28, 2014 3:54 AM

All replies

• By default, Microsoft CRM shows a friendly error message whenever an error/exception occurs. Usually this error does not contain any error log or stack trace. But, you can enable error details by modifying configuration file typically located at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\. 

Here are the steps to enable the development errors in MSCRM.

1. On the Microsoft CRM Web server, navigate to <web installation path>\ (typically C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\).

2. Open the Web.config file.

3. Look for the DevErrors key, and change its value to On.

4. Save the Web.config file.

Now you should be able to view detailed error information.

Monday, April 28, 2014 5:43 AM
  • Check the event log for any errors

Please vote if you find my post helpful - Thanks

Monday, April 28, 2014 6:07 AM
  • This error is to generic, you may turn on the DevErrors or turn on CRM trace function.

Then we may check what happens.

Wilson

Monday, April 28, 2014 6:48 AM
  • Sure, thing, mate. Here's what I get. It's some kind of security matter but it beats me how to approach it. I'm not in control over the services/privileges, so I'll need to kindly ask someone else to make the required changes. The more specific I can get, the fast help I'll receive.   :)

What might be suggested based on this:

Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: The user Id is invalid. at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetPrivilegedUserCallerAndBusinessGuidsFromThread(WindowsIdentity identity, IOrganizationContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.CrmWindowsIdentity.DoRecognizeUser(String userToken, Guid organizationId, LocatorServiceContext locatorServiceContext) at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.BaseCrmIdentity.RecognizeCrmUser(Guid organizationId, LocatorServiceContext locatorServiceContext) at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.BaseCrmIdentity.RecognizeCrmUser(Guid organizationId) at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.InternalSdkContextInitializer.SetHttpContext(WindowsIdentity windowsIdentity, Guid organizationId, Guid callerId) at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.InprocessServiceProxy.ExecuteCore(OrganizationRequest request) at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.ServiceCommands.PlatformCommand.XrmExecuteInternal() at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.ServiceCommands.RetrieveMultipleCommand.Execute() at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Caching.CustomResourceLoader.GetCustomResources(IOrganizationContext context, Int32 cacheKey) at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Caching.CustomResourceLoader.LoadCacheData(Int32 key, IOrganizationContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.CrmMultiOrgCacheBase`2.LookupEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.Application.ResourceManager.CustomResourceManager.TryGetCultureString(String name, CultureInfo culture, Boolean getSystemString, IOrganizationContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.Application.ResourceManager.CustomResourceManager.TryGetCultureString(String name, CultureInfo culture, IOrganizationContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.Application.ResourceManager.BasicResourceManager.GetCultureString(String name, CultureInfo culture, IOrganizationContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.Web.GlobalBase.BuildErrorHandlerUri(String errorHandlerPage, ErrorInformation errorInformation) at Microsoft.Crm.MainApplication.GenerateDevErrorPage(ErrorInformation errorInformation) at Microsoft.Crm.MainApplication.HandleError(ErrorInformation errorInformation) at Microsoft.Crm.MainApplication.Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs eventArguments)

Konrad Viltersten CRM Konsulterna +46 721 67 60 53

Monday, April 28, 2014 10:39 AM
  • Hi Viltersten,

When installing Dynamics CRM, did you use an account that has all the required permissions? You might want to check here and verify that the account has everything.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Monday, April 28, 2014 12:24 PM