renewal RRS feed

• Question

• I did not realise that I was on auto renewal. How do I find out how much I am going to be charged and when and how do I change it so that it is not automatic.
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Saturday, May 2, 2009 8:07 PM (From:Windows Live OneCare – Off Topic)
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 4:06 PM

Answers

• Assuming you are talking about OneCare, the automatic renewal will occur exactly one year after the original subscription began.  If you open the OneCare GUI, it should also be displayed on that screen with both a date and a progress bar showing how far through the period you are.

Though you can't change automatic renewal if you originally paid with a credit card, it may not matter.  Since OneCare will no longer be sold after June 30th, and exisiting subscriptions won't be renewed sometime later this year, if your subscription isn't due until at least late this year it will never happen.

What is occuring is that OneCare will be replaced by a new free anti-malware only product code named 'Morro', that won't contain any of the additional features like backup or even a firewall.  Once this is generally available, OneCare renewals will cease and everyone already having a subscription will be offered the free product.  Your OneCare subscription will remain operational through the end of your subscription term, but will cease completely on it's next expiration date.

If your OneCare Subscription is due to renew before the release of Morro, you may call Support anytime before the end of your current subscription and ask that they cancel it.

OneCareBear

Windows OneCare Forum Moderator
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 5:18 PM