none
Just lost sounds to Microsoft Money in Win 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have lost all sounds to Money.  I am on the default Windows sound theme however when I go into sound settings, I see I no longer <g class="gr_ gr_337 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="337" id="337">have</g> see the little speaker icon next to the Money Sounds such as "Finished Balancing Account".  Please advise.  I miss my beloved Money Sounds.

Thanks,

Bob

Thursday, December 29, 2016 11:32 AM

All replies

• In the Windows sound editor, select the Money item you want the sound for then Browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money 2005\MNYCoreFiles\sounds and select the sound you want to use.
    Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:56 PM
  • The easiest way to restore all of the Money associated sounds is to reinstall Money. It will not harm your data file. The most usual cause for losing all the sounds is making a change to your Windows theme.

If you are familiar with regedit.exe (part of the Windows system), you can save the sound registry as a *.reg file, then use that file to restore them if you ever lose them again.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Thursday, December 29, 2016 4:30 PM
  • Hi,

I just reinstalled Money Sunset on Win 10 and still no sound from the Money program.  However when I do go into the sound settings I see the Windows Change Theme as having a yellow triangle and exclamation point associated with it.  Sadly I share is this desktop with teenage boys so who knows what they did.  Would Money <g class="gr_ gr_286 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="286" id="286">uninstalling  and</g> then reinstalling do the trick?  Thank you for any replies.

Thanks,

Bob 

Friday, December 30, 2016 11:32 AM
  • Fixed!  After a couple of failed attempts.  First of all I tried to simply reinstall Microsoft Money after Googling Microsoft Money Sunset and downloading that version and reinstalling.  I wound up still having the problem of no sound.  I then completely removed Money from my pc to attempt another install.  Still the same results.  Fast forward to another day.  I for some reason downloaded Sunset Money US version and voila.  Not sure what was missing on the original but the US version did the trick.  Just an fyi for anyone in the future with this problem.

Thanks,

Bob

Monday, January 2, 2017 12:23 PM
  • Thanks Bob.  I had exactly the same problem after changing my Windows theme.  The restore from a *.reg file was easy and it worked first time.
    Saturday, May 2, 2020 10:10 AM
  • Hello John,

I also would like to restore sound to Money. Since I probably lost the sound after a Windows10 update. Can you please locate  the key registry that need to be saved. Thanks

Papilou

• Edited by Papilou Tuesday, May 5, 2020 8:16 AM
    Tuesday, May 5, 2020 8:14 AM
  • I listed the registry keys in the following post.

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2d2b8133-76c5-498a-af09-f9d1df49a54d/money-sunset-no-longer-produces-sound?forum=money#7be9cb3b-e19a-436a-9fcc-63f51618f4f7

Make a text file (not from Word) of the contents. Modify the path if you need to, depending on the location where you installed Money. Name it MoneySounds.reg, then double-click it to run it in regex.exe. You will need administrator permissions to run it.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 2:56 PM
  • I've made Bob's registry file available for those with Sunset Money that don't want to create the file.  After downloading, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    https://microsoftmoneyoffline.wordpress.com/repairing-sounds-for-money/

• Edited by ameridan Wednesday, May 6, 2020 4:42 PM
    Tuesday, May 5, 2020 7:34 PM