none
Launch Condition not working as per property in registry search RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am creating web setup application for ASP.net application. There is a prerequisite to install the application:

1) .net 3.5

2) IIS above 4

3) MSChart

4) SQL Server 2008 and above

5) SQL server management object 2014

6) SQL server CLRType 2014

I have put all search condition for all the above in registry search and respective launch condition in launch condition editor.

I am getting desired result for .net 3.5 and MSChart.

1) for IIS its working fine for IIS below version 10, but it failed for IIS version 10. please help in it.

2) For SQL server I need to check if key-name exists and if it exists then it should be above version 10.0.0.0 in registry. I have placed property for this similar as below.please help in it how to do that.

3) For SQL server management object 2014 I need to check if key-name exists and if it exists then it should be above version 12.0.0.0 in registry. I have tried to as:

property fields in search target machine as:

(Name): SQL Server Batch Parser Client

Property: BATCHVERSION

RegKey: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\SharedManagementObjects\CurrentVersion 

Root: vsdrrHKLM

Value: Version

property fields in Launch Condition as:

(Name): SQL Server Batch Parser Client

Condition: BATCHVERSION > "11"

InstallUrl : SharedManagementObjects.msi

Message: SQL Server Batch Parser not found. Do you want to install it now?

I failed to get the desired result for the above, please help in it how to do that.

4) For SQL server CLRType 2014 I need to check if key-name exists and if it exists then it should be above version 12.0.0.0 in registry. I have placed property for this similar as above. please help in it how to do that.

Please help.

Nitesh Kumar

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Monday, June 26, 2017 8:34 AM
    Friday, June 16, 2017 5:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Nitesh Kumar,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

This forum is to talk about the installation of visual studio, your problem is more related to web deployment project, so please open a new thread in the forum:

https://forums.asp.net/1020.aspx/1?VS+Web+Deployment+Projects for a professional support. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 19, 2017 5:53 AM