Check privilege when export data in CRM2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I want to export marketing list members (a member can be contact/account) to a csv file.

I use SqlConnection to open DB and get returned data.

But I want to make sure the login user has enough the privilege to see the returned data. If not, throw exception.

So do you have any idea about what privilege I should check to do it?

Regards

AM

If my question/answer can help you, please give me a points :) ----You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try---

Friday, September 19, 2014 4:10 AM

All replies

• Hi AnyMi,

You can Export Marketing List using Out of Box CRM Functionality.

Why are you using SQL connection to get data? Is it a requirement?

Regards,

Saad

Friday, September 19, 2014 6:19 AM
  • filtered views are provided for this exact same requirement. Filtered views will show only the data that the current user is allowed to see.

they are views that starts with word filtered.

eg. FilteredContact.

good thing is that any new fields added to CRM will be added to these views also.

regards,

Jithesh

Friday, September 19, 2014 6:47 AM
  • Hi Saad,

Actually we has a requirement for custom export.

Thanks

If my question/answer can help you, please give me a points :) ----You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try---

Friday, September 19, 2014 7:01 AM
  • Hello Jithesh,

I've tried with filtered view. But it's return with no data.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks

AM

Friday, September 19, 2014 7:03 AM
  • go to advanced find and search for records. Run the same search on filtered views.

the results should be same.

if you are not getting results in filtered views means you do not have sufficient permissions for records.

Jithesh

Friday, September 19, 2014 8:10 AM