Outlook integration CRM 4.0 Terminal Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I run windows Terminal Server 2008.   I have several users on my Terminal Server running CRM 4.0.   I have run into two users for which I can not complete the CRM configuration.  It fails stating that the MS outlook is not set as the default email client.   However, I have tried control panel default programs, outlook - set as default.  I have tried setting MS mail as the default, opening outlook and when it prompts to set as default mail client, choosing yet.  Neither of these options resolves the issue.  I have setup a new outlook profile - no impact, interestingly it does not warn me that the user has two profiles and CRM can only be set on one of them.

I think it is related to redirected application data - perhaps CRM install is looking at the local user\username\appdata folder and not the redirected location.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get CRM to see that Outlook is set as the default mail client?

Friday, June 20, 2008 8:23 PM

Answers

• I don't think this is a Terminal Server issue as I use Windows Server 2008 Standard as a

workstation OS and am experiencing the same issue of the CRM Configuration Wizard stating that my Outlook 2007:

"Microsoft Outlook is not set as the default mail client. Please set Microsoft Outlook as the default mail client from Control Panel\Internet Options\Programs, and then re-run the check."

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:04 AM

All replies