XP Pro validation........ RRS feed

• Question

• This is the results of the test I ran.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am running Xp Pro.

Jason

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0069.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Online Validation Code: N/A
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-2HBJK-92D6F-FRXXJ
    Windows Product Key Hash: CaGcuyLBPnEa45ekkTxHQ4/OgZo=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2227726-87575
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {9D0A6D31-84EB-4953-B871-FE566AB9FBC1}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.3.254.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1_63BB5E84-907-80004005_E2AD56EA-100-800d_E2AD56EA-101-2eff_BB5C1257-53-80004005
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 7
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.526.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.28.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-531-645_025D1FF3-171-1_E2AD56EA-337-800d_E2AD56EA-338-2eff_16E0B333-89-80004005_B4D0AA8B-888-80004005

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{9D0A6D31-84EB-4953-B871-FE566AB9FBC1}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0069.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-FRXXJ</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2227726-87575</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-117609710-1960408961-839522115</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>ASUSTek Computer Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>K8N-E-Deluxe</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>1011.004</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20050907000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>D549346F01844E6D</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>BB643B58B832F0A</Val><Hash>0noxJc1E+8HWWsYLrOb4Ddl7XIo=</Hash><Pid>81605-901-6546241-65743</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 12:46 AM

Answers

• Hello Brindelltribe,

Based on your diagnostic report both your copies of Windows and Office are genuine.  Can you please explain what issues you are having along with any error messages/codes.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 5:39 PM
  • Hello Jason,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I've been out of the office sick.  From looking everything over it does not appear at this point to be an issue with WGA/OGA, as seen in your previous post your computer is unable to fully communicate with the Microsoft servers, this could be caused by IE not funuctioning properly and/or firewalls/anti-spyware that are blocking the access.  At this point I would suggest submitting a free support request at https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527 where they will be able to provide you with more in depth troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue.  Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:01 PM

All replies

• Hello Brindelltribe,

Based on your diagnostic report both your copies of Windows and Office are genuine.  Can you please explain what issues you are having along with any error messages/codes.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 5:39 PM
  • This update will not install:

Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)
    0 KB , 0 minutes  (Downloaded; ready to install)  
    The Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool enables you to verify that your copy of Microsoft Windows is genuine. The tool validates your Windows installation by checking Windows Product Identification and Product Activation status.

Total: 0 KB , 0 minutes  (Downloaded; ready to install)

And I also have a notice in my system tray telling me that I may be a victim of software counterfeiting.  But when I clidk on the icon to resolve the issue I fail the validation tests.

Jason

Thursday, March 6, 2008 12:39 AM
  • I also receive this error:

Validation Not Completed: ActiveX Error

There are several reasons why validation may not have succeeded.

• The Microsoft Genuine Advantage Tool requires the user account to have administrative privileges on the computer.
    • The Microsoft Genuine Advantage Tool requires access and is unable to communicate with the Microsoft validation servers. Please click here to learn more about troubleshooting your antivirus, antispyware, Internet Explorer and firewall settings.
    [0x80080296]

And this error while running the tests:

Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Results

Passed Active scripting allowed
    Passed Display images enabled
    Passed Computer time and date correct
    Passed Cookies enabled
    Passed ActiveX enabled
    Checking Windows validation ActiveX loaded
    Passed Office validation ActiveX loaded
    Passed Validation Self-help ActiveX loaded
    I continually receive this error.  It continues to say 'checking' and never goes to the next troubleshooting step.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Thursday, March 6, 2008 12:50 AM
  • Hello Jason,

When you run the diagnostics are you provided with a Resolve Now button?  If so please click that and it should resolve your issues, if not please run the MGA diagnostic tool and it should provide you with a resolve button.  Are you running any type of antispyware/firewall software on this computer?

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, March 6, 2008 4:49 PM
  • It continually shows 'checking' during the diagnostics test and I am never provided with the resolve now button.  I have tried to shut off my anti-virus/firewall software and this has not helped either.

Jason

Thursday, March 6, 2008 11:51 PM
  • Hello Jason,

Can you please follow the steps outlined in this Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919868 and let me know if this resolves your issue?  If not, please rerun the MGA diagnostic tool and repost the results and we can try some more troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, March 7, 2008 5:54 PM
  • Matt,

I checked in the add-ons in the tools menu of IE7.  Under 'Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer' there is not a 'Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool' add-on located there.  But under 'Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer' there is a 'Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool' add-on and it is Enabled.  Tried runnind the Diagnostic tool again and still receive the same error.

I have tried downloading and re-installing IE7 but I receive an error saying there were problems with the installation and some components could not be installed.  Also with windows updates I continually receive notification that there are updates that need to be downloaded and installed.  So I click to download them.  Later I, click start, Turn off Computer, Shutdown, and it tells me that it is installing 1 of 86 updates, then it shuts down.  Once I restart I still get a notification that I need to download updates.  It seems to be a never ending cycle.

Out of curiosity I did validate Office and had no problems at all.  But I also have not had any problems in the past.

Jason

Friday, March 7, 2008 11:28 PM
  • Matt, Just wondering if you had forgotten about my issue.  Please let me know what we need to try next.

Jason

Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:16 AM
  • Hello Jason,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I've been out of the office sick.  From looking everything over it does not appear at this point to be an issue with WGA/OGA, as seen in your previous post your computer is unable to fully communicate with the Microsoft servers, this could be caused by IE not funuctioning properly and/or firewalls/anti-spyware that are blocking the access.  At this point I would suggest submitting a free support request at https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527 where they will be able to provide you with more in depth troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue.  Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:01 PM