How to call Javscript function when the *.js is in ISV Folder ? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to put my function in Jscript file on ISV folder..and added dynamic <script> tag on form load.

I called the function..and it worked... now after changing the content in ISV folder..it's still calling the same function.. I think it's cached in IE or some other problem.

Can any one plz figure out whatzz the real problem.. i am using CRM 4.0.

If it helps, Mark as answer to help others..else it's scrap

Friday, November 16, 2012 12:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

you can check out the answers in this thread in order to prevent caching of the JS file.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

• Proposed as answer by Pavlos Panagiotidis Friday, November 16, 2012 1:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by ViN.k.S Monday, November 19, 2012 12:49 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 1:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you can check out the answers in this thread in order to prevent caching of the JS file.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    Visit my blog here.

• Proposed as answer by Pavlos Panagiotidis Friday, November 16, 2012 1:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by ViN.k.S Monday, November 19, 2012 12:49 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 1:19 PM

So was it because of caching ?

also

does CRM 4.0 supports Javascript namespaces.. like mylib.code1.myfunction

If it helps, Mark as answer to help others..else it's scrap

Friday, November 16, 2012 1:45 PM
  • Hi,

yes it was because the file was being cached.

Now regarding namespacing, if you are referring to the JS files you use in your ISV folder and in your custom application, then namespacing os of course possible as in every other application. I know that namespaces can be easily used in CRM 2011, so I don't see why they wouldn't be possible in CRM 4.0 (but I haven't tested it).

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Friday, November 16, 2012 1:49 PM