Clear tracking table _sysOCSDeletedRows RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Does someone knows if it's possible to clear the tracking table _sysOCSDeletedRows in Windows mobile? After using the application for 6 months I have in this table a lot of records (more than 50000 records), corresponding to work tables that my application uses, and were initial created by synchronization (using Server schema).

Thanks in advance
    Blas
    • Moved by Mahesh DudgikarMicrosoft employee Monday, September 7, 2009 6:43 PM OCS related thread (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion)
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:23 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 12:56 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

Hmm... Why dont you create the workspace tables using code, rather than sync. Sync is for tracked tables, when you do not want any tracking on these, better not create them, in the initial sync, or, use Snapshot as the SyncDirection for these tables.

Thanks
    Udaya
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 8:21 AM

All replies

• This table is system table.
    You cant do anything.

It's a reccurent problem on windows ce imo
    Sébastien Pertus. Bewise
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 8:16 PM
  • Hi,

What is the retention period specified? The default is 10 days, but, you must be using it more than 180 days, since, your tombstone table contains all data from past 6 months, as you are saying. You can set the RetentionInDays of the SqlCeClientSyncProvider to control the retention data. Note that setting it to 0, means it is infinite retention time, so, it never cleans up. Minimun you can set it to is 1.  

Thanks
    Udaya
    • Proposed as answer by UdayaBG Saturday, September 12, 2009 9:53 PM
    Saturday, September 12, 2009 9:53 PM
  • Hi Udaya,

Thank you for your response.

I have 7 days for the retention period value. These tables are created only during the first synchronization (for creation purposes), and never more are used in subsequents synchronizations, because they are working tables wherein the application add and delete records everyday and don't have any sense to sync them to the server.

During the first sync I create all the tables in the device (master data, transactions and work tables).

I think that the only way to avoid this behavior is creating these work tables by code, not by sync.

Thanks
    Blas

Sunday, September 13, 2009 9:21 AM
  • Hi, 

Hmm... Why dont you create the workspace tables using code, rather than sync. Sync is for tracked tables, when you do not want any tracking on these, better not create them, in the initial sync, or, use Snapshot as the SyncDirection for these tables.

Thanks
    Udaya
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 8:21 AM