Website Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a website in IIS and hosted it on my WHS 2011 server.

Here is my issue that I need help with:

I have secured a domain name from Go Daddy and have forwarded it to my WHS 2011 server "servername.homrserver.com"

When I type in my domain from Go Daddy, it brings up my website but it shows the URL as servername.homeserver.com not the URL domain name I bought from Go daddy.

Is there any way to have the URL I bought from Go Daddy show up in the URL ?

Thanks,

Monday, April 7, 2014 11:27 PM

Answers

• Hi skipcox,

Based on your description, it seems that you are using the default website. Then the RUL of website (servername.homeserver.com) shows as you see.

You can open Windows Home Server console and navigate to the “Website Management” tab. Then choose “Add” option to add website via wizard. For detailed operations, please refer to the following article.

How to create a website on Windows Home Server in minutes

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

In addition, please don’t move the default site. It may break some functionalities. For more details, please refer to the following thread.

Personal Website on WHS2011

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

• Marked as answer by Justin Gu Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:53 AM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:59 AM