Windows 7 Home Premium 32 key for 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

I bought awhile back the student deal for windows 7 home premium Upgrade. I accidentaly choose 32 bit disk.

If i borrow my friends 64 bit disk and install and activate will my key i got from my order work?

Or is my key only valid for a 32 bit install..

I remmeber back in the day when Vista came out you could order a new disk from MS for a 64 bit install when you had 32 bit?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:56 AM

Answers

• "NeoStylez" wrote in message news:8f907429-c95c-41f4-8cd3-b7621f456c92...

Hey Guys,

I bought awhile back the student deal for windows 7 home premium Upgrade. I accidentaly choose 32 bit disk.

If i borrow my friends 64 bit disk and install and activate will my key i got from my order work?

I remmeber back in the day when Vista came out you could order a new disk from MS for a 64 bit install when you had 32 bit?

Thanks in advance

This is not really the right forum for this question - but as far as I am aware, yes you can use either the 64-bit or 32-bit disks for this purpose.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 1:22 AM
  • I agree with Noel, the product key should work with either a 32 or 64 bit version.

As for this being the right forum or not, Noel is correct because Activation comes after installation and the core of your question is "would the 64bit software even accept the Product key during installation?".

'If it's not accepted at installation' then Activation isn't even in the equation at that point and

'If it is accepted at installation' then it's almost guaranteed to Activate (as long as the key isn't Non-genuine for some reason).

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:58 PM

All replies

• "NeoStylez" wrote in message news:8f907429-c95c-41f4-8cd3-b7621f456c92...

Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance

This is not really the right forum for this question - but as far as I am aware, yes you can use either the 64-bit or 32-bit disks for this purpose.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 1:22 AM
  • Thanks, sorry.

I figured this was the proper forum since it was about activation..

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 2:08 AM
  • I agree with Noel, the product key should work with either a 32 or 64 bit version.

As for this being the right forum or not, Noel is correct because Activation comes after installation and the core of your question is "would the 64bit software even accept the Product key during installation?".

'If it's not accepted at installation' then Activation isn't even in the equation at that point and

'If it is accepted at installation' then it's almost guaranteed to Activate (as long as the key isn't Non-genuine for some reason).

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:58 PM