one care tune up...crash! RRS feed

• Question

• When one care starts a tune up on my laptop, it freezes and the computer is completely stuck.  A few months ago, I actually had to reinstall everything to get my computer back up and running.  Can you help me?
    Monday, June 8, 2009 3:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• Is it freezing during the defrag or virus scan portion of the Tune-up?

What other programs and services are running when Tune-up begins?

Can you run a virus scan manually with success outside of Tune-up, or does that also lock it up? And, is it stuck at the same point? If scanning, what % complete and what file name is being scanned?

I suggest contacting support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, June 8, 2009 1:30 PM
  • It freezes during defragmenting.
    thanks
    nick

Friday, June 12, 2009 9:01 PM
  • It freezes during defragmenting.
    thanks
    nick

If the problem is still happening and you have not yet contacted support, I suggest checking the disk for errors. In Windows Explorer, right click the drive, select properties, and then the Tools tab and check for errors. You may also want to see if you can Defrag manually by running this from Start/All programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Defragmenter. -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, June 15, 2009 12:56 PM
  • will contact.
    thanks
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:56 AM