HELP... silly question but I Need to ask - replacing drives 1, 2 & 3. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Sorry for the "silly" question, but I need to ask as I've not done this before.

I have a HP EX470 with 4 hdd's, and I want to upgrade drive 1, 2 & 3 to 1Tb using the WD Green drives which I have ordered today, (i'm keeping the system drive as it is).

The question is this, would I need to "remove" each drive one by one in order to proceed with replacing the drives, ie: through the WH Console, use "remove" drive 1, install the new 1Tb drive, then "remove" drive 2, install the new drive and so on?

I have folder share active for all my folders.

Thanks

Neil.
    Friday, January 2, 2009 2:50 PM

Answers

• Neil,

Yes, you will need to do the drives 'one at a time'. Personally however, I would do them the other way round; do the data drives first and then do the system drive.
    The only thing to ensure, is that you have plenty of free space on your data drives for anything that might need moving and that you do the operation through the Console's Add-Remove drives tab.

Good luck,

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Friday, January 2, 2009 6:02 PM
  • Thanks for the heads up Colin.

Neil.
    • Marked as answer by Neil Parmar Friday, January 2, 2009 6:30 PM
    Friday, January 2, 2009 6:30 PM

All replies

• Neil,

Yes, you will need to do the drives 'one at a time'. Personally however, I would do them the other way round; do the data drives first and then do the system drive.
    The only thing to ensure, is that you have plenty of free space on your data drives for anything that might need moving and that you do the operation through the Console's Add-Remove drives tab.

Good luck,

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Friday, January 2, 2009 6:02 PM
  • Thanks for the heads up Colin.

Neil.
    • Marked as answer by Neil Parmar Friday, January 2, 2009 6:30 PM
    Friday, January 2, 2009 6:30 PM