Why spell check non-English characters? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, thank you for this new update for the Live Writer!  I am a big fan, it's the best blogging tool available so far.

I have one problem though since your last update.  I am English and Chinese bilingual.  So sometimes in my blog I'd have a mixture of English of Chinese and even other languages such as Japanese or Korean characters.  And when I run a spell check, what I get is a bunch of spelling errors on non English characters.  If I set it to real-time spell check, I get a sea of red squigglies.

Now, this doesn't happen in Microsoft Office (pre 2007 office too), and I don't remember this happening in the earlier versions of Live Writer.  It makes sense not to spell check characters from a different encoding space because they are probably put there for a reason.  I don't get why the last two versions of Live Writer fail to provide the function that has been in place since the first Microsoft Office 95.

Please fix it.  People who uses other languages uses Live Writer as well.  謝謝 kám-un
    • Edited by hansioux Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:28 AM spell check
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:26 AM

All replies

• This should be fixed in the next version.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

-Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, November 2, 2009 12:15 AM