none
VB6 ADO connection in Windows Server 2016 Connection string issue? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a few programs that are having issues running on windows server 2016 and seems when creating the ADO connection object and passing the connection string it errors out. the connection string is  

ConnectionString = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Extended Properties=DRIVER=Client Access ODBC Driver (32-bit);SYSTEM=" & server & ";UID=" & UserID & ";PWD=" & password & ";DBQ=" & AS400DefaultLibrary & ";DESC=Client Access Express ODBC data source;XDYNAMIC=0;LazyClose=0;ExtendedDynamic=0;SignOn=1"

and it errors saying :  -2147024769 Automation error : The specified procedure could not be found. 

online says an unregistered dll. but ive registered msado15.dll, msado25.dll or msado28.dll I think its the latter but still does not work. i seen some people say that the library locations have moved from windwos 2012 (which works fine) to windows server 2016 and that it is supposed to redirect to the location but in this case fails. so im kind of at a loss, been trying to rebuild the connection string but I don't know if that is my issue or not. seems like it maybe an OS thing. anyone have any similar issues?

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:21 PM