Money Sunset Deluxe is defaulting to a jsp file not ofx on exports from bank. RRS feed

• Question

• I use B of Am Military Bank, Money Deluxe V 17, installed Sunset (problem occurred before & after Sunset).  Exports worked in October.  When I click on Export to Money I get the pop-up accounts-export-done_jsp that say "couldn't be downloaded".  B of A says it is the Money program.  I have rebooted, uninstalled, installed several times.  I installed Sunset on another lap top & the exports from B of A are OFX & accepted by Money.  I can't find anywhere in Money to set the file type being imported.  I even restored Money files from backup in September, same jsp problem.  The new install on the other lap top with no Money files eliminated the "sign in to online services" which remains in my updated Sunset lap top with 6 years of banking data.  I am afraid of loosing all that data if I delete all Money files on the lap top & do a clean Sunset install even with backups on a flash drive or external hard drive.  Please help

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:45 AM

Answers

• On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 02:23:07 +0000, Herb Worff wrote:

>
    >
    >Yes, I go to B of A's website & initiate an Export to Money.  When I hover the cursor over the Money icon, it indicates a file format of OFX, but the pop up is for a jsp file.  I tryed the right click, save to Desktop, result - "couldn't be downloaded".  I then changed the _jsp to _ofx & .ofx, same results - "coulldn't be downloaded".  I have searched every where on the B of A & Money web pages & can't find any info on download file format.  B of A online customer svc says the Money files always export ofx.  When I unstalled Money & installed Sunset the jsp format persisted.  I restored money files to an earlier date that exported ofx sucessfully, but the jsp format still persisted.  There must be some file somewhere on my lap top that is telling B of A to send a jsp format.  I don't want Quicken, besides, what if I get Quicken, convert my Money file & the plagued jsp follows.  The only fix I can think of now is to delete all Money files from this lap top and start fresh with
    Sunset.
    >I haven't tryed to export all the way back to Janurary for this tax year.  I will also have edit all the data.  Who needs to sleep!!!!! 
    >
    >Thank you for the "... on line services" fix.  When I restored to an earlier date, it came back but I got rid of it again, thanks to you.  Herb - Perplexed!!!!!!!!

I would be surprised if the behavior you describe has anything to do with Money.  It sounds like some kind of browser setting, or possibly something with java.  That would explain it working on a different computer.  Can you try a different browser (outside of Money)?

Ron
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:59 AM

All replies

• You are going to a BofA website, I think.

You have a couple problems. One is that you want to get rid of the "sign in to online services". To do that, Disconnect from the Internet.  Start Money, and log in offline.
    Remove your LiveID.  Do not attempt to change your LiveID.  If you
    already changed your LiveID, use the credentials that were in
    effect at the time that you saved that Money file.

To remove the Live ID, go to
    File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your LiveID.  To remove
    or add a conventional password, also see File->PasswordManager.

Regarding the BofA problem, try right-clicking the download link and choose to save the file to disk. See what you get.

Regarding reinstall, that does not delete the *.mny and *.mbf files you have. So reinstalling should not cause a loss of data. I suggest you save your recent *.mny and *.mbf files to other media in case you have a hard drive problem at some point.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:38 AM
  • Yes, I go to B of A's website & initiate an Export to Money.  When I hover the cursor over the Money icon, it indicates a file format of OFX, but the pop up is for a jsp file.  I tryed the right click, save to Desktop, result - "couldn't be downloaded".  I then changed the _jsp to _ofx & .ofx, same results - "coulldn't be downloaded".  I have searched every where on the B of A & Money web pages & can't find any info on download file format.  B of A online customer svc says the Money files always export ofx.  When I unstalled Money & installed Sunset the jsp format persisted.  I restored money files to an earlier date that exported ofx sucessfully, but the jsp format still persisted.  There must be some file somewhere on my lap top that is telling B of A to send a jsp format.  I don't want Quicken, besides, what if I get Quicken, convert my Money file & the plagued jsp follows.  The only fix I can think of now is to delete all Money files from this lap top and start fresh with Sunset.  I haven't tryed to export all the way back to Janurary for this tax year.  I will also have edit all the data.  Who needs to sleep!!!!! 

Thank you for the "... on line services" fix.  When I restored to an earlier date, it came back but I got rid of it again, thanks to you.  Herb - Perplexed!!!!!!!!

Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:23 AM
  • On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 02:23:07 +0000, Herb Worff wrote:

>
    >
    >Yes, I go to B of A's website & initiate an Export to Money.  When I hover the cursor over the Money icon, it indicates a file format of OFX, but the pop up is for a jsp file.  I tryed the right click, save to Desktop, result - "couldn't be downloaded".  I then changed the _jsp to _ofx & .ofx, same results - "coulldn't be downloaded".  I have searched every where on the B of A & Money web pages & can't find any info on download file format.  B of A online customer svc says the Money files always export ofx.  When I unstalled Money & installed Sunset the jsp format persisted.  I restored money files to an earlier date that exported ofx sucessfully, but the jsp format still persisted.  There must be some file somewhere on my lap top that is telling B of A to send a jsp format.  I don't want Quicken, besides, what if I get Quicken, convert my Money file & the plagued jsp follows.  The only fix I can think of now is to delete all Money files from this lap top and start fresh with
    Sunset.
    >I haven't tryed to export all the way back to Janurary for this tax year.  I will also have edit all the data.  Who needs to sleep!!!!! 
    >
    >Thank you for the "... on line services" fix.  When I restored to an earlier date, it came back but I got rid of it again, thanks to you.  Herb - Perplexed!!!!!!!!

I would be surprised if the behavior you describe has anything to do with Money.  It sounds like some kind of browser setting, or possibly something with java.  That would explain it working on a different computer.  Can you try a different browser (outside of Money)?

Ron
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:59 AM
  • Ron, you fixed it!!  I logged on the B of A via Foxfire & the ofx download worked.  Thank you, thank you!!!!!!!

Now where in IE or Java would I find the fault?  I checked IE settings but nothing appears to relate to downloads.  I don't know much about Java.  I will continue to tinker.  You are on the right track.

Herb

Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:08 AM
  • Glad that fixed it, Herb.  I recalled having a similar problem with a .jsp application (not Money) in the past.  But, I can't recall how, (or even if) I ever fixed it as I subsequently rebuilt that computer with new hardware and re-installed everything.  And it was some time ago.  I do remember looking into file associations at that time, so that is another area to explore.

Idle speculation:  I think what needs to happen is for the .jsp link at BOFA to run a program which downloads the .ofx file.  Instead you are downloading that .jsp link because of some setting or file association in your browser (or maybe even in Windows).

Wish I could help more, but I'm at my limits here.  My next step would be to learn what I could about .jsp links in web pages; and hope there are some groups out there that might be knowledgeable.

Ron

Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:20 AM