MS Dynamics CRM 2011 - Security Roles setting for a customized entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi CRM Support,

I would like to ask some help regarding the issue I've been experiencing in MS dynamics crm 2011. I have a custom entity named sales expense. The entity contains General Section, Approval Section and Accounting Process Section. Sales expense are used by Sales people for filing sales expenses. When a record has been created sales people can only fill in data in the fields found in the General section. They can't modify fields under Approval Section which is accessible only by executives and Accounting process section which is accessible only by accounting people. To add security on the fields i created a field security for approval section and accounting process section. I also updated the security roles for the sales people. When i performed a testing using sales people credential, i can't save the record. Access denied. The error message says that the user logged in to the system has no privilege to modify approval status field under approval section. and this field is included in the field security i created. the field type is two option. when i change the setting of the field to secured = disabled, i can save a record. but when changed it again with field security setting i can't save a record. How can i resolve this. Please help.

Appreciate any prompt response.

Thanks and regards,

Honey

Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:46 AM

Answers