Script to trigger a scheduled task! RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys, first of all hi to everyone and thanks in advance for taking time to read this.

So I'm at a new job, and need to generate an automatic access file that updates itself everytime a new excel file is added to certain folder (the access takes the info from the excel). I couldn´t manage to do this, so what I did was create a macro that runs extracting info from the one and only excel file which will be overwritten whenever someone wants the database to be updated. That´s the minor problem, but I can go by with what i have, in lack of a better solution.

The thing is, i need this to be done automatically, so i found out the way to do this is with microsoft task scheduler ( i cant install a third-party program in this computer), which would run a task triggered by a modification in a folder. Up to what i understood, this is done with microsoft powershell, but i don´t know much about coding, so I can´t come up with my own. So the steps are to write a script in powershell, and then link the scheduler with it, right? I hate to throw it like this, but could someone write the code for me?

Thank you so much,

Marcos

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Monday, March 6, 2017 6:48 PM This is not "scripts on demand"
    Monday, January 23, 2017 1:48 PM

All replies

• sure Marcos.  Send me a purchase order and I will get right on it.

Here is some good information to get you started: here

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, January 23, 2017 3:15 PM