Cannot make windows XP genuine RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased a computer which has windows XP Professional. When I'm at the welcome screen and try to log in, I get a message:

This copy of windows must be activated before you can log on. Do you want to activate now? I click yes, but I all I get is a black screen. Can anyone help?

I'm not able to run a diagnostics tool because I can't login at all.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• In order for us to analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. 

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:38 AM
  • In order for us to analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool . 

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch

Like I just said I cannot run a genuine advantage diagnostics tool because I'm not able to log into windows, its denied me access to any of the accounts until windows is activated.
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:48 AM
  • Hello JJ1980,

See if the post by "Fracture" in this thread helps out any:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindowsxp/thread/ece30d55-d72d-4ff9-afe8-a577f0f4564f

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, March 31, 2010 12:26 AM
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:42 PM
  • No reply.

Issue is assumed to have been resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 12:27 AM