Referal Verification Code concept is poor !! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends ,

I loose lots of my points due to this " VERIFICATION CODE IN MOBILE " .....bcoz my friends whom i refered doesnt entered the Verificatio code Properly ... So i have To loose my 50 points ...

For Eg :

The Letter ' O ' in english Will look like 0 in the mobile .......... So my referals Enter it wrongly  ...

This concept of verification should be requested to Stopped .... Please ADMIN give the Verification code Easily .... Or stop this concept ..... I suggest to give only No's as REferal Verification Code.....

What you guys think about It ???

REgards

Mohan

Sunday, September 16, 2007 5:47 AM

Answers

•  

@Mohan,

I agree with you. I think i also lost on 2 referrals due to the same problem. One peculiar thing is that one of my referrals told me that they entered the correct code, yet it was not accepted. Although compared to last contest's referrals, this concept decreases referral fraud, but instead is not serving its primary purpose.

Anybody else feel the same way?

Sunday, September 16, 2007 7:21 AM
  • Hey Mohan...

You are absolutely right...

I strongly oppose this referral system.

There must be only digits in verification code 

or they must give 3 tries to enter the correct code.

I have also lost 50 points. (because of no difference between 0 and O)

Admin must correct this mistake.

Sunday, September 16, 2007 7:27 AM
  • @Adnan

You are right.

This concept will definately decrease referral fraud and this will be very good for us.

but System requires improvement.

Sunday, September 16, 2007 7:31 AM
  • Ya I 2 agree.

Moreover some of my referrals didnt even reach my friends. I told them to check the 'bulk' also. No use. I have lost hope on referral points. Waiting for the quiz.
    Sunday, September 16, 2007 5:30 PM
  • Please avoid those symbols like

'0' and 'o'

'l' , '1' and 'I'

Instead of these special characters may be used. or letters other than these can be used.

Another method is that, the confirmation link can be mailed.

Referrals should be sent to mobile and in mail to reach effectively
    Sunday, September 16, 2007 5:42 PM
  • yes man , the symbols 0 and O, are misleading, i missed 2 referrals of my friends , cause they thought it was  (o) and not a 0.

Sunday, September 16, 2007 7:41 PM
  • I think the best suggestion so far is to use numbers instead of alphabets to avoid confusion. If extremely necessary, all the characters can be case sensitive alphabets.

But a combination of both certainly leads to confusion...

Sunday, September 16, 2007 8:03 PM
  • hey u have type the verfication correctly... u should whether the given code is in caps r small r its number this all r the things u should see k then surely u will get the points k ...
    Monday, September 17, 2007 8:47 AM

• better to use only characters or only numbers...

i have lost too...
    Monday, September 17, 2007 8:59 AM

All replies

•  

@Mohan,

I agree with you. I think i also lost on 2 referrals due to the same problem. One peculiar thing is that one of my referrals told me that they entered the correct code, yet it was not accepted. Although compared to last contest's referrals, this concept decreases referral fraud, but instead is not serving its primary purpose.

Anybody else feel the same way?

Sunday, September 16, 2007 7:21 AM
  • Hey Mohan...

You are absolutely right...

I strongly oppose this referral system.

There must be only digits in verification code 

or they must give 3 tries to enter the correct code.

I have also lost 50 points. (because of no difference between 0 and O)

Admin must correct this mistake.

Sunday, September 16, 2007 7:27 AM
  • @Adnan

You are right.

This concept will definately decrease referral fraud and this will be very good for us.

but System requires improvement.

Sunday, September 16, 2007 7:31 AM
  •  

yes guys i also wrote this to Admin ... But i think he is very much busy !!

Sunday, September 16, 2007 8:52 AM
  • Ya I 2 agree.

Moreover some of my referrals didnt even reach my friends. I told them to check the 'bulk' also. No use. I have lost hope on referral points. Waiting for the quiz.
    Sunday, September 16, 2007 5:30 PM
  • Please avoid those symbols like

'0' and 'o'

'l' , '1' and 'I'

Instead of these special characters may be used. or letters other than these can be used.

Another method is that, the confirmation link can be mailed.

Referrals should be sent to mobile and in mail to reach effectively
    Sunday, September 16, 2007 5:42 PM
  • yes man , the symbols 0 and O, are misleading, i missed 2 referrals of my friends , cause they thought it was  (o) and not a 0.

Sunday, September 16, 2007 7:41 PM
  • I think the best suggestion so far is to use numbers instead of alphabets to avoid confusion. If extremely necessary, all the characters can be case sensitive alphabets.

But a combination of both certainly leads to confusion...

Sunday, September 16, 2007 8:03 PM
  • hi samvaad admin , if you see this page , please consider to change the verification code as NUMBERS rather than mixing up of them ..... 

regards 

Mohan

Monday, September 17, 2007 6:16 AM
  • hey u have type the verfication correctly... u should whether the given code is in caps r small r its number this all r the things u should see k then surely u will get the points k ...
    Monday, September 17, 2007 8:47 AM

• better to use only characters or only numbers...

i have lost too...
    Monday, September 17, 2007 8:59 AM
  • today one of my friend signed up from the link as provided in the email, still he didn't get the link for entering the sms Stick out tongue
    I think probs are starting again now. Things are getting out of hand now i guess Stick out tongue
    Monday, September 17, 2007 2:40 PM
  •  

ya  they should use either only no. or only character ................... both @ a time makes difficult ..........

dats wy i hav also lost refferal

Monday, September 17, 2007 8:33 PM
  • Yes, the zero and alphabet O look very similar on the phones. MS should allow multiple tries!
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 12:48 AM
  • Hey....the same thing has been happening from the past few days i guess....i've referred 4 friends....out of whom 2 ppl have already registered....but even by clicking on d link sent to them....the were directed to the default page where they had to register normally as we did....they dint get a verification code on their mobile,nor were they asked to fill it in.....is that weird or has it happened b4? I've already lost 2 ppl to this...!!!
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 3:02 AM
  • @Harshil...
    The same kinda thing happened with my friends too...!!! 2 of my referrals...clicked on the link they got...but they were directed to the default homepage...and they had to register as we did.....no verification code got sent to them either coz they were directed to the default page....so it was equivalent as them registering by themselves....not like i referred them...!!!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 3:12 AM
  • Hi friends ....

I have heared from my friend that The Verification Code Has Been Changed !!!

Thats a great news ..... my friend got ONLY NUMBERS as VERIFICATION CODE !!!!

Regards

Mohan Smile

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:38 AM
  •  

Thats good new Mohan, But what about the referral points we all lost till now....???
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:08 AM
  • hi adnan,

i think we should forget that points .. and think forward to have a referal from now !!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:14 AM
  • I hope the Verification Code Concept is good...It helps to reduce referral fraud..

But the verification code concept can be slightly changed, the reason is that many peoples including me lost 2 referral pointas my friend mistyped the code... So it is better the code be only numeric digits.. the alphanumeric be changed to Numeric Digits..

Its my suggestion...

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 11:05 AM

• I lost about 4 referrels...................
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 11:14 AM

• the verification code.......is a great news................
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 11:17 AM
  •  

Hi friends ,

WE SHOULD THANK ADMIN for Changing the Verification code As only NUMBERS  !!!!!

Thanks ADmin

REgards ,

MohaN

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 11:17 AM
  • I also accept but this is the best way to void fraud refferals..

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 2:03 PM
  • Man, its really nice to know that the admins have acted sooo promptly and immediately and accepted our request, and changed the verification code to ONLY numbers Smile

Thanks admins, and kudos to you for the active relpy.

Finally in this new contest, we are seeing the admins taking also part in the contest, by suporting us Smile what more would we want  Smile MS is now keeping up to its image this time Smile last times contest, MS did fail, but that was the first contest, so its OK Smile
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 3:15 PM