Exception during run: request not supported RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm running SyncToy 2.0 beta in this machine:
    win xp pro sp2 fully updated
    sql server management studio express installed
    visual c# 2008 express installed
    visual web dev 2008 express installed
    sql server 2005 files that comes with those programs (I'm not expert about DB)

I noticed that sql server compact edition is installed with synctoy so probably you are using some sort of database "approach". If sql server compact is unistalled, synctoy won't work when you try to syncronize
    I keep folders syncronized in a network (peer, workgroup), but I get this error with 2 old computers that run windows 98:

"Exception during run: Richiesta non supportata. (Eccezione da HRESULT: 0x80070032)"

it's partially in italian, translation should be like:

"Exception during run: Request not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070032)"

maybe request could be a "query" I don't know.
    Any advice???
    thanks

PS: Previously, some weeks ago, was all ok. Maybe it's the installation of some developing system that conflicts??!?!
    Friday, February 22, 2008 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I already had this error a couple of times since I installed SyncToy 2.0. I don't know what causes this error. I guess there is a reason why SyncToy is still in beta...

The only way I found to get over it is to uninstal and reinstall SyncToy. After installation SyncToy works fine again! Hopefully you will find your folder pairs again since the SyncToyDirPairs.bin file is not overwritten by the re installation.

Hope this can help.

Steph.

Monday, February 25, 2008 3:39 PM
  • Hi Slyfer,

This error is a tough one to find since this is not actually an exception thrown by our software but rather one from one of the software components we work with (perhaps SQLCE or Win32 API's). 

Is there any software that you have installed recently?  Also, did have set your My Documents to work in online/offline mode with folder redirection?

When you say Win98, I am assuming you are not actually running SyncToy on Win98 (as we haven’t tested that and don’t know if there are any issues).

Also can you tell use if you are using the “compare file data” feature on your folder pair and if so, what happens when you turn that off.

Thanks,

Liam

Monday, February 25, 2008 5:14 PM
  • @Sthepane

I uninstalled , downloaded again synctoy2, then reinstalled (I checked that the installation folder was completely deleted). But the error occurs again, so I think it's not a matter of uninstall/reinstall

@Liam

I recently installed SQL server management express, adventureworks DB (because I'm starting learning by myself) and microsoft office 2003 web components (because I googled and found that isntalling them solved this problem - I have Office 2003 small business).

I run synctoy on this machine (win xp pro sp2), other machines are only connected in a LAN (wired lan) and 2 of them are old PC with win98. I set up an "echo" every time, because I use synctoy to deploy test utilities, and I'm sure they have my most recent version, so they are updated.

The error occurs on "run" process, the "preview" code is OK, it displays the informations.

1 Months ago this error didn't happen, so I think it's somehow related to those new installations, I know it's hard to replicate, I only thought that this error was a known error..

Where is "compare data" feature??? I cannot find it, I cannot tell you if it is activated

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:48 AM
  • EDIT:

I deleted the folder pairs and created a new one
    I must syncronize many folders, but not all. I use echo "my folder" -> "target folder".
    So i use filter for subdirectories, I uncheck the unwanted folders.
    I started unchecking all, and then proceed to include 3 by 3 progressively.
    And now it works.

But if I enabled many subdirectories at once, the problems rises again (during run)

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:32 AM
  • Thanks, I will pass this information on.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 4:50 PM