Securty Issues Reguarding Errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hey With all these errors on the firewall and Tune-up having issues is WLOC 2.0 still safe to use or is my computer more at risk ?

It's just a concern I had.

Saturday, July 14, 2007 8:24 PM

Answers

• Yes, I saw those threads after my prior reply. I don't think it is an issue with your security. It appears as if the firewall is attempting to perform some action and is failing. I can't tell you for sure, though, so the question remains unanswered. My feeling, though, is that your security is okay.

-steve

Sunday, July 15, 2007 5:22 PM
  • Hi folks,

I checked with our firewall team, and they confirm that this event does not indicate a security vulnerability.  The firewall is just being over-zealous in reporting an event that is expected under certain conditions--this is not a critical error and you can safely ignore this event log entry.

We hope to have this fixed in the next Beta refresh.

Thanks,

Guhan

Saturday, July 21, 2007 4:22 PM

All replies

• What errors on the firewall?

As for the tune-up issues, I don't think they compromise your security. If the firewall is having problems, then, yes it could be a security concern.

-steve

Sunday, July 15, 2007 2:21 AM
  • Yeah the firewall got issues I reported in the general forum others saw it too that's what has me concern. the Windows event viwer caught it in vista and xp

ID 1080

OneCare Firewall failed while executing the following method: DeleteSingleInstance. Error Code: 0x80070490, Error Message: Element not found.

Sunday, July 15, 2007 5:14 AM
  • Yes, I saw those threads after my prior reply. I don't think it is an issue with your security. It appears as if the firewall is attempting to perform some action and is failing. I can't tell you for sure, though, so the question remains unanswered. My feeling, though, is that your security is okay.

-steve

Sunday, July 15, 2007 5:22 PM
  • Hi folks,

I checked with our firewall team, and they confirm that this event does not indicate a security vulnerability.  The firewall is just being over-zealous in reporting an event that is expected under certain conditions--this is not a critical error and you can safely ignore this event log entry.

We hope to have this fixed in the next Beta refresh.

Thanks,

Guhan

Saturday, July 21, 2007 4:22 PM