Not able to sign in...!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Guys, right from yesterday morning im trying to register in Student Rockstar Contest...but when ever i click the "Sign In" button i get the error:

"We're unable to complete your request

Windows Live ID is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later."

wat cud be the problem....???pls help me out...

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 10:57 AM

Answers

• hello jayakumar...

the problem which u have stated is a Firefox/Netscape CFlocation Problem - Redirection Limit for this url has been exceeded..

This may be due to cookies that are blocked
    try to rectify it,if problem remains it may also be due to loop reoccuring error

here error message means that the number of redirects exceeded limit set in browser (usually, 3-10 redirects).  This limit prevents endless redirection loops as a result of programming error.
    Thursday, September 6, 2007 3:27 PM

All replies

• I also Have the same problem....  my problem is dscribed below....... not able to sign in until yet.....

whenever I am trying to open my user profile through Opera, the following msg displayed by the browser

"Information from this HTTPS page will be submitted to an unencrypted page on www.studentrockstar.com.

The data will be transmitted without any security. Submitting sensitive information is strongly discouraged."

Continue / cancel

(Clicking on continue thousand times nothing happened)

I am trying to open my user profile through Firefox, the following msg displayed by the browser

Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and

could easily be read by a third party.

Are you sure want to continue sending this information?

Continue / cancel

(Clicking on continue thousand times nothing happened)

Same thing goes on with IE 7.0 , it falls in a infinite loop of continue ............ without showing any msg like Opera and Firefox.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 11:49 AM
  • hello jayakumar...

the problem which u have stated is a Firefox/Netscape CFlocation Problem - Redirection Limit for this url has been exceeded..

This may be due to cookies that are blocked
    try to rectify it,if problem remains it may also be due to loop reoccuring error

here error message means that the number of redirects exceeded limit set in browser (usually, 3-10 redirects).  This limit prevents endless redirection loops as a result of programming error.
    Thursday, September 6, 2007 3:27 PM
  • I too use firefox its working fine in my case..
    Thursday, September 6, 2007 4:42 PM
  • i use I.E. 7.0 ..it works good for me....

Thursday, September 6, 2007 5:12 PM
  • There may be a problem in server only  

Friday, September 7, 2007 11:54 AM
  • Yeah,there are issues with the sign-in,but it works perfectly fine on Internet Explorer.

I tried Opera and Firefox to no avail.

Friday, September 7, 2007 12:17 PM