Can I sell on a WGA Kit, e.g. over Amazon or eBay RRS feed

• Question

• As I understand it from looking over the posts on this site, buying the WGA Kit is like getting a retail boxed version of Windows XP, and it licences me to use Windows XP on one PC at a time, but I can change that PC an unlimited amount of times and reformat its hard-disk etc.

The questions I have are:

1). If I no longer need the WGA licence in the future (e.g. because I have a new PC with an OEM version of say Vista, or a future employer has a licence allowing me to use XP at home) can I sell the WGA Kit over Amazon Marketplace or eBay as equivalent to a 2nd hand retail version of Windows XP?

2). I have a laptop with a genuine Windows XP OEM licence. The trouble is it does not have a proper installation disk - just a disk with an image of the pre-installed system. This means I cannot repair the installation; reinstall the OS without it also deleting the data partions I have created on the hard-disk or set it up as dual boot. Can I use a WGA Kit CD bought for my desktop to do these things on that laptop?

3). Does it come with SP2?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 2:05 PM

Answers

• Annie:

I'm sorry for the delay in response, theres been many posts and it got lost in the rush. Not an excuse, but I do apologize!

For your questions:

1 - I will have to check with our licensing team to get the definitive answer for this.

2 - Yes, the WGA Kit CD is a retail copy CD.

3 - Yep!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 12:19 AM
  • To answer your final question:

The EULA on the WGA Kit is the same as the Retail version of Windows

hth

davar

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 3:51 PM

All replies

• Annie:

I'm sorry for the delay in response, theres been many posts and it got lost in the rush. Not an excuse, but I do apologize!

For your questions:

1 - I will have to check with our licensing team to get the definitive answer for this.

2 - Yes, the WGA Kit CD is a retail copy CD.

3 - Yep!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 12:19 AM
  • Thank you for the answers to Q's 2. and 3. Look forward to seeing the learning about the resale issue.

No problem about the delay, I appreciate the quality of the answers on this site.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 2:08 PM
  • To answer your final question:

The EULA on the WGA Kit is the same as the Retail version of Windows

hth

davar

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 3:51 PM