round robin assignment in crm? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - Does CRM have a framework class/method for supporting round robin assignment of cases to owners, say for all users with role MyNewRole?  I would envision some type of framework class that would support this.  I wrote some custom code in a plugin to accomplish this, only took me an hour, but I was wondering if the CRM framework already natively supports this?
    Monday, July 22, 2013 4:52 AM

All replies

• Hi, I wouldn't say CRM natively supports this, however there are supported ways of doing this without having to write code.

The no-code solution is quite cumbersome in my mind, so a plugin or custom workflow activity would probably be more elegant, however it can be done using a workflow and all supported customizations as explained here:
    http://www.powerobjects.com/blog/2011/04/29/round-robin-lead-assignment-in-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011/

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:46 AM
  • Hi - did you manage to get this working? Did you need any further help?

If you've solved your problem please mark this thread as answered.

Thanks

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Sunday, August 4, 2013 10:40 AM