Genuine Office 2007 pro OEM installed 3 weeks after purchase on Acer Laptop Office Ready pc gives Not valid message. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm a computer reseller and have a problem with a genuine office 2007 pro.
    I sold a Acer Laptop Office ready to a custormer together with the office 2007 pro OEM MLK (Small Carton with Plastic OEM code card).
    The customer needed his laptop realy quickly to go on business trip for 3 weeks to the Philipines. So I delivered only the laptop because
    the OFF Pro was in backorder at the dealer (Ingram). He could use the 'trial version' for now.

The customer went on his trip and had a problem with his outlook, so he went to a philipine computer store and they fixed it (not really).
    When he got back and asked me to install his office 2007 pro I noticed that they had installed an Office Premium (English). Not an official version
    because he only had to pay there work and no office licence. I uninstalled the Premium version and used my Office Media kit to install Office 2007 Pro
    with the key of the OEM kit I sold him. Now he gets the message 'once a day' that his office version is not genuine.

Huh???

I've checked his computer and no traces are left from the 'other' version so I do not get what is wrong here. A microsoft glitch?
    I'm not a newbe, i am Microsoft Certified (several times) and have been working in the IT sector for more then 20 years.

Please help.  The customer leaves for another trip abroad for several weeks and is worried that his office wil stop working.
    I enabled RD on his computer and maybe I can fix this by remote.

Thanks in Advance,

Paul
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 10:21 AM

Answers

• No reply from original poster.

Closing thread as Answered

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:45 PM
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:45 PM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 11:38 AM
  • No reply from original poster.

Closing thread as Answered

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:45 PM
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:45 PM