After capturing an image, deployment results in mis-named compute node RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I used the capture image wizard, then added some additional steps to the node template to overcome the problem described here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistadeployment/thread/b26a0560-b3a1-4236-b0de-35065ac38575/

The result is after starting up a compute node that I want to add to the cluster, it boots into windows PE, installs 2008R2, joins the domain with the correct compute node name (eg. geohpc1002), reboots, and fails at "Checking the configuration of node [node name]" in the provisioning log.

Logging into the node, I notice that the computer name that has been set is an autogenerated one of the form WIN-XXXXXXXX, and the cluster manager has both the GEOHPC1002 node in provisioning state, as well as an entry for WIN-XXXXXXX in the unapproved state.

Active directory also has an entry for both geohpc1002 and win-XXXXXXXX

Is there something I need to put in my node template when using a captured image to prevent this from happening?

- Michael

• Edited by woppin Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:57 AM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Can you provide more details on how you "added some additional steps to the node template to overcome the problem described..."?

Thanks,
    --Brian

Monday, September 26, 2011 1:11 PM