Looking for password for onecare RRS feed

• Question

• Just got and IPhone and it is asking for network password.  I know it is out there - help.

Janet
    Monday, August 25, 2008 9:49 PM

Answers

• I assume that you are trying to access your wireless network via the iPhone. If not, then I'm not sure what password you are referring to and it may not involve OneCare - http://onecare.live.com

If you used OneCare to secure the wireless side of your network, the following information will help locate the key and SSID in order to configure other devices to add to the network:

The wireless key is set in the router by OneCare if you used that option and if your router is supported.

From OneCare help:

To add a computer to a wireless network if you used the Add a PC wizard in Windows Live OneCare:

1. On the computer that you used to help secure the wireless network, click Change Settings.
    2. On Firewall tab, click Advanced settings.
    3. On the Network connections tab, click your wireless network, and then click Details.
    4. The SSID and network key appear in the Security Information area.

-steve

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:29 PM

All replies

• I assume that you are trying to access your wireless network via the iPhone. If not, then I'm not sure what password you are referring to and it may not involve OneCare - http://onecare.live.com

If you used OneCare to secure the wireless side of your network, the following information will help locate the key and SSID in order to configure other devices to add to the network:

The wireless key is set in the router by OneCare if you used that option and if your router is supported.

From OneCare help:

To add a computer to a wireless network if you used the Add a PC wizard in Windows Live OneCare:

1. On the computer that you used to help secure the wireless network, click Change Settings.
    2. On Firewall tab, click Advanced settings.
    3. On the Network connections tab, click your wireless network, and then click Details.
    4. The SSID and network key appear in the Security Information area.

-steve

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:29 PM
  •  

How can i change my password because windows live one care put one passwors but he dont tell to me the password please help me
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2:23 AM
  •  Yamoto wrote:

How can i change my password because windows live one care put one passwors but he dont tell to me the password please help me

What password are you referring to? If you mean the router wireless setting, you can view the "pass key" per the above post. If you mean the router security password, OneCare doesn't change this - it will only warn you that you need to change it, if it is a supported router and the password is as shipped form the manufacturer.

-steve

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 12:46 PM
  • any ideas why my "details" link is greyed out? This is the only computer I have onecare installed on and am trying to access the network password.  Thanks
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 10:35 PM
  • If it is grayed out, then that would mean that OneCare did not set the WEP Security passkey from that PC or you reinstalled or reset OneCare's database after setting up the WiFi security.

-steve

Thursday, November 6, 2008 2:33 AM