Using LCSEnableConfigureUsers.WSF RRS feed

• Question

• I need to enable a whole lot of users across several domains.  I've done some reading on LCSEnableConfigureUsers.WSF, and I think I can just give it a list of users - I'll probably do one list per OU to keep things manageable.  Can I do this without enabling OCS for all users in the OU?  Does anyone have an example of their usersfile and configfile?

Thanks in Advance,
    David
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:27 PM

All replies

• Well, after reading through the LCSEnableConfigureUsers.WSF code, I had a wild thought and appears to work - at least in the lab.  I'll try it in production to see if it works.

My possible solution for this - in the Usersfile, have everything start with "email:" and then use their e-mail addresses.  In the lab, I tried it with five e-mail addresses and it worked.  Next stop - production.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 3:16 PM
  • Okay - it partially works in production.  If the user is already enabled, then the script works perfectly and configures the user, but if the user isn't already enabled, then the script bombs - saying that it needs a userDN.  I have started throwing in echos to the code and can see that the userDN just isn't coming back when queried.
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 5:02 PM
  • Take a look at this article for a different approach:
    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=29
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, March 9, 2009 8:19 PM
  • Do you have already a solution. If so, could you plaese post it here.
    Thanx

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:00 AM