none
Product key not valid/recognised

Question

• hi,

i have had my laptop for a few years now and microsoft office 7 came pre-installed however after a certain amount of time it ran out and said i needed to enter a product key i ignored it, till now i have been using microsoft works processor as that is all i needed. But now i have started university and require the use of most office programmes. i have tried enter the product key from the sticker at the bottom of my computer but it says the key is incorrect.

i have also tried the "slui.exe 4" process but the automated message also said my code was invalid and that it could've been a pirated code or something to that extent but i brought my laptop from a PC world so i do not see how this could be the case. the message told me to visit the microsoft genuine site where i followed the instructions to change the product key, but when i tried to enter the product id neither the product key i found on the bottom on my laptop or the id given in the computer properties worked when i entered them but it just says that the product key is not valid to windows vista.

i really need help i have important deadlines coming up and need to use these programmes. and i can not really afford to buy microsoft office.

could it be because i waited too long before entering the product key? is this why it is saying it is not valid or is there another reason? is there anyway to get a new product key? any advice would be useful

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:05 PM

Answers

• The Office 2007 that came pre-installed was a Trial version.

To continue using a Trial version of Office after the trial period has ended is to buy a copy of Office.  However, Office 2007 is no longer sold so you would need to uninstall the Office 2007, buy a copy of Office 2010.

Please be sure to purchase the copy of Office 2010 from a trusted retailer such as http://www.microsoftstore.com.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:24 PM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:24 PM