Can't activate Windows Live Domain RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having issues setting up my windows live domain

I've just upgraded from 2003 to 2011 and tried to activate my existing domain but when it say's connecting to windows live domains it comes back with the following:

I have ports 80 & 443 forwarded correctly

when i go through the wizard it asks me to sign in with my windows live credentials but then defaults to the above message

i tried turning off the remote access and starting the wizard from scratch. I've even tried releasing the domain and registering a different one. also have rebooted several times... still nothing

is the domain service down or something?

please help!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 8:36 AM

All replies

• Do you have any special characters in your Connect password? This is known to cause problems similar to what you are seeing.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 11:03 AM
  • Try synchronizing with a time server: Dashboard->Server Settings->General tab->(Date and Time) Change...-> Internet Time tab->Change Settings...->Synchronize with an Internet Time Server--Update now. Once the time is resynced, try activating the domain again.
    • Proposed as answer by jswing042 Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:06 AM
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:03 AM
  • This failed for me, but I was able to set up a new domain by using a different live account
    Saturday, October 6, 2018 9:19 AM