Exchange Unified Messaging warnings after Standard Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone tell me why I keep seeing 100s of messages on the OCS server that say:

"Exception occurred in the Exchange Unified Messaging Routing Application while loading dial plans for a domain."

What does this error mean and how do I make it stop.  For clarification, we are not use (or plan to use) OCS for telephony, but do want to enable voice chate and web conferencing.

Cheers,
    Dave

Friday, April 17, 2009 4:46 PM

All replies

• OCS tries to reach out to UM in any domain it's deployed in, and any that have a trust defined. If you take a look at the details for the error you'll probably see it failing on a domain name you have a trust set up with in AD Domains and Trusts.

If it's failing on the same domain OCS is deployed in you might want to investigate a little further. Otherwise, it's ignorable.
    Friday, April 17, 2009 5:43 PM
  • Is there any way to prevent it from filling up the OCS event logs?
    Friday, April 17, 2009 5:51 PM
  • Not that I've seen yet, but to be honest I haven't looked too hard yet. If you do run across anything I'd love to hear about it.
    Monday, April 20, 2009 6:40 PM
  • I had the same issue, there was a trust a previous admin had set up to a domain that no longer existed. Removing the trust cleared up the events.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:06 PM