CRM Outlook client problem (Very large ost) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I am experiencing some problems with the outlook client.

It appears that after installing the client, the outlook .ost file is getting larger.

It's happening gradually, but it can reach the size of 16GB(!).

This is a major problems, since the outlook cant operate normally with an ost this big.

The user is connected to the Dynamics CRM Via an online service provider and connects to a local Exchange.

The problem occurs with a number of users at the same organization.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Thanks,

Oz       

Sunday, February 21, 2010 4:23 PM

Answers

• I think ckeller is on the right track.  It has been my experience that the sync folder can grow.  Change your view to folders and find out which folder is growing.  Chances are it is the Sync folder filling with error messages.
    Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:10 PM
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:13 PM

All replies

• Sunday, February 21, 2010 4:32 PM
  • Hi,

which Rollup is applied? Can you please check if you have sync issues? Do you have shared calendars?
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 5:16 PM
  • I think ckeller is on the right track.  It has been my experience that the sync folder can grow.  Change your view to folders and find out which folder is growing.  Chances are it is the Sync folder filling with error messages.
    Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:10 PM
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:13 PM
  • same problem here. It was supposed to be solved by installing Rollup 6, but it did not with my users. 17,000 items in sync issues, building by 1-2 per minute. rebuilding OST does not resolve. users are home-office/VPN based, sharing calendars on cached mode (obviously).

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 10:38 PM
  • Look at the sync issue folder and see what some of the messages are, you might be able to glean some information that will help you troubleshoot them.  I've been successfully deleting the sync issues after I clear up the associated records and resolve the issue. 

I'm not sure which version of Outlook you're running, but you can have a look at this article to better understand what the folders mean.  I think if you search you will find some help for troubleshooting the sync error issue and hopefully find a solution that helps to resolve it.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:47 PM