none
The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable.

Question

• I am getting the following errors on my WHS machine:

The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C:.

Application popup: winlogon.exe - Corrupt File : The file or directory C:\WINDOWS\Debug\UserMode\ChkAcc.log is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility. 

I have submitted CAB 546157908.

Please Help.

Sunday, December 21, 2008 4:54 AM

Answers

• After running the chkdsk command the server would not boot up.  It would try, but then after 10-15 seconds, it would just shut off.  I placed a call in to HP tech support and they had me rearrange my disks, 1tb in slot 1 and the 500gb in slot 2.  After that I had to completely reinstall my server.
    • Marked as answer by bakinnan Saturday, January 17, 2009 9:48 PM
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    login to your Windows Home Server locally (or via Remote Desktop), open a command prompt from Start menu and type
    chkdsk c: /f /r
    This will state, that a reboot is required, which you should perform.
    Checking the file system and the sectors will take a while, during which your home server will not be accessible, so especially with a headless device be patient. (The disk LEDs should be a good indicator when the job is finished.)

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 10:42 AM
  • After running the chkdsk command the server would not boot up.  It would try, but then after 10-15 seconds, it would just shut off.  I placed a call in to HP tech support and they had me rearrange my disks, 1tb in slot 1 and the 500gb in slot 2.  After that I had to completely reinstall my server.
    • Marked as answer by bakinnan Saturday, January 17, 2009 9:48 PM
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 9:48 PM