Home Automation Software? RRS feed

• Question

• Didn't someone have some software for WHS that worked with X-10? I tried to search but my satellite Internet connection has been throttled down to painfully slow speed.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 1:29 PM

Answers

• mControl is what you're probably thinking about. There was also an add-in that someone had started on, I think. Or you can roll your own pretty easily. I've even managed to output X-10 commands using Microsoft Word. Smile
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 3:10 PM

All replies

• mControl is what you're probably thinking about. There was also an add-in that someone had started on, I think. Or you can roll your own pretty easily. I've even managed to output X-10 commands using Microsoft Word. Smile
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 3:10 PM
  • I have tried a couple of times to Add-in mControl and had it show success but it did not function.  First it knocked out all methods of accessing the console except through Remote Desktop Connection.  Then it appears as a tab but hsa no data in it as the supplier indicates.  I had to remove mControl and reboot the server before I could have normal access to the Console.

Robert
    Monday, September 8, 2008 11:55 AM
  • I am using mControl on WHS without any problem. Company written good installation instructions and just simply following it I got all my setup working. I am happy user of mControl. Also if I have problem or question, their forum is the best place as usually someone from dev team reply in couple hours. Try it again. It should do the job for you.
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 2:56 AM
  • Perhaps http://www.lagotek.com is worth looking into

Friday, September 26, 2008 6:01 PM