none
can i fix it internally??

Question

• the headphone jack on my laptop has given up the ghost is it possible to change the function of the microphone jack to do the same job? I have gone into computer manager and into device manager and found the (IO) section can it be done? I don't know much about computers so don't want to mess with it!

Saturday, July 25, 2015 8:05 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask the laptop manufacturer, but I'm extra fairly sure that the answer is no.

You'd need to repair the headphone jack, which would involve electronic skills.

You could also ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, July 27, 2015 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, July 27, 2015 3:46 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask the laptop manufacturer, but I'm extra fairly sure that the answer is no.

You'd need to repair the headphone jack, which would involve electronic skills.

You could also ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

Monday, July 27, 2015 3:49 PM
  • Hi, 

As Just Carl pointed out, this is an hardware issue and cannot be discussed here. I would suggest you take your laptop to any of the service center's of your laptop manufacturer and sort this out.

Hope this helps ! 

Ram.

Monday, July 27, 2015 3:59 PM