Project server 2007 Trial version - features compared to full version? RRS feed

• Question

• 1) Does the Trial version of Project server 2007 have the same complete features as the licensed version?

2) Is it possible to install the Trial version more than once on the same machine?

thanks in advance

Friday, September 10, 2010 10:25 AM

Answers

• 1) Yes, the trial version comes with all the features (as far as I know)

2) Do you mean un-installing and re-installing? Yes you can do this, but I'm not sure if the trial period expiration date will be reset.

Why exactly do you need this? If you need a test environment for a longer period than the trial period, Microsoft has other licensing available like MSDN. Using the trial version as a final test environment is not supported.

Hans 

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Friday, September 10, 2010 11:00 AM

All replies

• 1) Yes, the trial version comes with all the features (as far as I know)

2) Do you mean un-installing and re-installing? Yes you can do this, but I'm not sure if the trial period expiration date will be reset.

Why exactly do you need this? If you need a test environment for a longer period than the trial period, Microsoft has other licensing available like MSDN. Using the trial version as a final test environment is not supported.

Hans 

Friday, September 10, 2010 11:00 AM
  • Hi Hans,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes we need a test environment, please could you elaborate on the other licensing that can be used? Where do I get the license information?

Thanks.

Friday, September 10, 2010 11:23 AM
  • I'm not a licensing expert, but you can find all information about the different MSDN subcription options here (for Project Server you will need the Visual Studio Premium with MSDN subscription)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/subscriptionschart.aspx

Probably, your best option is to contact a Microsoft sales or licensing person to see if there are other options for your specific case (Open Value, Select, EA, ...).

Regards,
    Hans

Friday, September 10, 2010 11:39 AM
  • In addition you should really check out the trial version of Project Server 2010 with all its new capabilities and enhancements!
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Friday, September 10, 2010 2:55 PM
  • You cannot intstall the trial version on the same hardware over and over again. Microsoft has fairly solid way of controlling this.
    Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Friday, September 10, 2010 5:42 PM