Best Upgrade Option from Microsoft Money (Quick, QB?) RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using MM for a while and its been good, but now I am moving on and getting a new 8.1 PC etc., so I don't want to be stuck with old software if MM is not supported anymore.

So having used MM for all my bill pay/banking/checking/bill pay, what is the best program to transition into and export/import all my existing MM data, Quicken, Quickbooks, or something else?  I want it to be as simple as possible, thanks.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 6:42 AM

All replies

• Quicken is the one you can port your MM data into if you have a US file. You will need  MM 2007 or Plus to do the conversion.
    Tuesday, May 6, 2014 9:46 PM
  • Most of the people on this forum who have tried GnuCash or MoneyDance, have come back to using Money.  Do a search of this forum for those programs to see their experiences.

Before you jump to Quicken, have a look at the reviews on Amazon and the kind of issues that are discussed on the Quicken forum: https://qlc.intuit.com/.

QuickBooks is aimed at businesses and is powerful, expensive, and complex.

This isn't the place to discuss Windows 8.1, but I recommend that you "try before you buy".  Unless you plan to move to a touchscreen device you may be happier with Windows 7.  Money will run just fine on either OS.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:12 AM
  • even though money is not supported anymore, there is nothing as good or better. No reason you can't continue to use it. All the support you need is right here
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 3:54 PM