locked
CRM Reporting Extensions Error - Index was outside the bounds of the array RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi there

    I am getting an error whilst installing CRM Reporting Extensions.

    The error is in the System Checks section for Environment Checks

    "Index was outside the bounds of the array"

    Not particularly helpful that one. I have tried googling but get nothing that is obviously related. Has anybody seen this. It is currently stopping me from having a complete install.

    I have CRM 2011 and SQL Server 2008 R2 on the same server and no matter what I try I cannot get past the Environment checks. This has been a full days effort so far so any suggestions whatsoever would be useful. 

     

    Many Thanks

     

    Alan

    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:10 PM

All replies

  • Hi Alan,

    Do you have the latest CRM download or are you using one of the previous releases?  You can also check the installation log files for more information.  Also, when you went through the installation wizard did you select the option to check for updates?  Here is a step-by-step installation article.  Let us know if you followed these steps.


    Regards, Donna

    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:45 PM
  • Hi Donna

     

    Thanks for the help!

    Yes I have followed these steps and I also believe that I have the latest downloads. My CRM Installation seems to work fine apart from the Reports. The log file just validates that the "Index was outside the bounds of the array" and all goes well until the following line

    14:24:18|   Info| Check PrivReportingGroupActiveDirectoryRightsValidator: Success
    14:24:18|   Info| Check CrmSqlDomainValidator: Success
    14:24:18|   Info| Check ReportServerInstanceValidator: Success
    14:24:18|   Info| Check CanPublishReportsValidator: Success
    14:24:18|   Info| Group Environment Checks
    14:24:18|   Info| Check ReportServerValidator: Success
    14:24:18|  Error| Check ReportingAccountValidator : Failure: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

    I have checked the account running the sql reports service and while I suspect that all is not correct with this account I cannot see what may be wrong.

    The account running the reports service is specific to this service and is a domain user

     

    Thanks

     

    Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:21 AM
  • Hi Donna

     

    Once again thats for the help.

    Which service are you referring to. The account running the Reports service?

    Have checked through the items below but I need this snippet of info to proceed

    Thanks

     

    Alan

     

    Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:23 PM
  • Hi Alan

    It is difficult to trace the error based on the log as the error is very generic. Can you please turn on CRM tracing on the SRS machine and then run the setup? That should give us more details.

    Thanks

    Abhishek


    Abhishek Agarwal MSFT
    Friday, February 25, 2011 5:57 AM
  • Check all of your SQL related services to ensure they have full rights to SQL

    Regards, Donna

    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 1:30 PM
  • Hi,

    we encoutered the same issue ..

    Our solution was to change the Service Account from the Domain User to the Network Service , after this change we sucessfuly installed the extensions..

    Best regards

    Tomaz

     

    • Proposed as answer by envogue Monday, July 7, 2014 2:56 AM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 2:33 PM
  • I found this replay, regarding same problem in CRM 4.0, verify settings it may help:

    The error "index outside the bound of the array" is caused when the entered
    value , during setup, of the domain account doesn't match the existing
    application pool account(within IIS... CRMappPool).

    If you have IIS7 also make shure applicationpool credential are really used.

     

    Monday, March 28, 2011 1:49 PM
  • we encoutered the same issue ..

    Our solution was to change the Service Account from the Domain User to the Network Service , after this change we successfully installed the reporting extensions..

    As Donna said its related to the permissions issue, i will try to provide full permissions to the user and will try to install again.


    Khaja Mohiddin
    • Proposed as answer by Kressmark Monday, June 4, 2012 10:05 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 11:09 AM
  • Add the domain account in the Administrator group of the machine you trying to install.
    Monday, December 12, 2011 11:09 PM
  • I also changed the SSRS service account to "Network service" and then the error message

    "Index was outside the bounds of the array" went away  and I could install the extensions.

    Monday, June 4, 2012 10:06 AM
  • If anyone is having this problem I solved it by going to Reporting Service Configuration Manager

    Under service account username was in the format og user@domain.com

    Changed it to domain\user and I could install.


    JammJ

    Friday, September 6, 2013 3:23 PM
  • I had same issue, but i resolved it with the following processes

    All program=>Administrative tools=>Services=>SSRS=>Right Click on it=>Click on Property=>Click on Log On As=> Then Check This Account Button and type in Netowork Services as the user name and also type in administrator password.

    I was able to sort my self out with the processes listed above

    Regards.

    Disu Ridwan Ayodeji

    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:06 PM