Taking the MCSA RRS feed

• Question

• This is going to be my first Microsoft exam, I currently have loads of experience in the Microsoft ofice suite;

-What are the job prospects like in the Uk for an MCSA
    -What is the career path for an MCSA?

Monday, June 23, 2008 1:03 PM

Answers

• One thing to remember about certification is it helps you prove skills in a technology, but does not guarantee a job after. In your case with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications the MCSA may not help you find the administration job of your dreams, however the knowledge you gain while studying for and taking courses for the MCSA will most certainly help you in that arena. And as for job prospectsin the UK the best thing to do is put your ear to the ground as they say, in other words you really need to network and talk to people locally to see what jobs are open, looking up on monster.com and dice.com (etc) isn't enough as many positions are not publically availible.

I would reccomend you start in network troubleshooting or help desk/desktop support and work your way up from there. Good luck on the exams.

Stephen Charles Rea [MCT] askthemct.com
    • Marked as answer by .revEditor Monday, June 23, 2008 5:52 PM
    Monday, June 23, 2008 5:52 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• One thing to remember about certification is it helps you prove skills in a technology, but does not guarantee a job after. In your case with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications the MCSA may not help you find the administration job of your dreams, however the knowledge you gain while studying for and taking courses for the MCSA will most certainly help you in that arena. And as for job prospectsin the UK the best thing to do is put your ear to the ground as they say, in other words you really need to network and talk to people locally to see what jobs are open, looking up on monster.com and dice.com (etc) isn't enough as many positions are not publically availible.

I would reccomend you start in network troubleshooting or help desk/desktop support and work your way up from there. Good luck on the exams.

Stephen Charles Rea [MCT] askthemct.com
    • Marked as answer by .revEditor Monday, June 23, 2008 5:52 PM
    Monday, June 23, 2008 5:52 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks
    Monday, June 23, 2008 7:48 PM