none
MCITP SQL Server 2008 Administrator/Sharepoint - Career advice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.. Just a quick question about career advice.

I worked as a database trainer and advisor for an aging MS access application from 2007-2009. It was a slightly multifaceted role but i really enjoyed having solde resposibility of training and maintaining around 200 users out in the community. I got into the background technical side of things as much as I could ( it was MS access!!)assisting with the IT department and spent near on a year working with IT developers on the requirements and business plan for an SQL Server re-development of the database in 2008. Im not so much interested in coding or programming, but I realise knowledge for querys etc in SQL is required, hence the reason I think using GUI based applications in a administration/BI role would be the direction best aiming for.

Like I say my Database knowledge is basic but I know the main fundamentals and am interested in databases and database BI a lot! I have no IT qualifications as such but 3-4 yers working with database systems ranging from MS access to MS SQL server to mySQL.

So - I hope to get your opinion on wher eI should go from here. I have started some training using Trainsignal for the MCITP SQL Sever 2008 Administrator course. As Ive had experience across web and ecommerce environments also, would looking into MS Sharepoint also be an interesting area.

I appreciate any comment you can offer.

Thanks

Tim

Monday, November 29, 2010 7:34 PM

Answers

• You are in the right direction, getting started with Microsoft SQL Server Certification is a real payoff in the future, Moreover do not forget to visit SQLServercentral.com for more updates, insights, Tips and Tricks.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:18 AM