Add me the list of Scan Slow-pokes RRS feed

• General discussion

• AV scan is running for 2 straight days and hasn't gotten past 1%.  I opened a support ticket, but haven/t gotten a response.  I believe the process also affects other programs like Outlook which it operating in slow motion since the scan started.  I had to end the process.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 3:48 PM

All replies

• Same for my computer. How can this be resolved?

smacar01 wrote:

AV scan is running for 2 straight days and hasn't gotten past 1%.  I opened a support ticket, but haven/t gotten a response.  I believe the process also affects other programs like Outlook which it operating in slow motion since the scan started.  I had to end the process.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 4:53 PM
  • Same for me.  Installed OneCare with no problems.  All competing anti-virus/spyware removed.  1C tuneup runs fine until virus scan, then takes about 2 minutes per file to scan, thus running over two days, only hit 2% complete.  No networking for firewall issues observed.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 7:27 PM
  • Unfortunately, the reason for the slow scans has not been determined yet, as far as I know. Contacting support is the appropriate thing to do at this point. Hopefully, the problem can be resolved with a scan engine update in the near future.

-steve

Monday, December 17, 2007 6:43 PM