My site no longer appearing in MSN search after Page1 listings. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

My site has been listed on Google, Yahoo & MSN for as long as the business (nearly 3 years) and has good positions on Google & Yahoo.  It used to be top of its keyword searchs in MSN for well over a year but since a week ago....nothing!!!!  Why?  I have mad no major changes to the site.  It's not the best site in the world but to be dropped out of the keyword searches completely is TOTALLY confusing!!  Not even a search on my business name returns anything!! No explanation for it!  I've searched SEO forums and some people are experiencing the same!

My competitors sites (some worse than mine and also for spamming!) still apear in top keyword searches where we were placed.

Can anyone shed some light or explain to be me why?

My site: http://www.hotchocolates.co.uk

Many thanks - Pudders

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 9:35 AM

Answers

•  

Everytime the ranker is updated you may see changes in position.  But to be realistic, it may not have been something you did, but something someone else did to improve their rank over you.  Once you get position you need to make sure you keep doing all the right things so that you stay on top.

Jeremiah

Monday, February 4, 2008 3:49 AM

All replies

•  

Everytime the ranker is updated you may see changes in position.  But to be realistic, it may not have been something you did, but something someone else did to improve their rank over you.  Once you get position you need to make sure you keep doing all the right things so that you stay on top.

Jeremiah

Monday, February 4, 2008 3:49 AM

• I don't think it's as simple as that. Recently I was ranking well for the term "rv blog". Actually top position. The blog site (blog .rv.net) is still fairly new but we had some pretty good link building from the start. We are ranking well on Google and starting to do well in yahoo.

Not too long ago the same could be said for our rank in MSN. Using the MSN webmaster tools we were shown to have a rank of 5/5 with our backlinks ranking well also. Today I go to check this and it dropped to 1/5! Out of no where. And of course we aren't even on the first 5 pages anymore! Well I guess 50-60 other sites did something overnight to destroy our rank. I don't know but I can't think of any valid reasoning for this.

Google and Yahoo started off slow but we are improving with them. With MSN it was the complete opposite. We had a top ranking to start and now we are no where to be seen. Weird

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 3:10 PM
  • wmetellus, I am having the same issue as you. Our site digitalconverterbox.org was 5/5 with excellent backlinks and top ranking for digital converter box searching; now with in the last day or so, we are 1/5 and nowhere to be seen. Very weird.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 11:46 PM
  • Hi, I read that many people are having this problem recently. My site at http://www.maximizeyourpotential.info suffered the same fate last week after being on the N°1 spot. I read this line somewhere on the web: "Many of us lost our sites in October after they launched the new Algo. Our sites are fine...it's the Algo with bugs to work out."

Let's be patient and wait to see what happens. I trust the guys at MSN to do a fine job in resolving this issue.

Dan Low

Monday, February 11, 2008 10:05 AM