ONECARE BACKUP RRS feed

• Question

• I have onecare on my computer and initally set up to back-up on my dvd-rw drive. I got a new usb external hd and wanted to set that up for my back up location. i tried to perform this operation but my computer will not let me change the settings. Is there a fix or workaround for this?? my computer is locked on only backing up to the dvd/rw drive.

thanks

Sunday, June 7, 2009 6:02 AM

Answers

All replies

• To change the backup location you will have to reset your backup plan. See this post for a guide on how to reset your backup plan - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecarebackupandrestore/thread/5f18a60d-add4-4ff2-87cf-021db7e81917
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 1:23 PM
  • Personally, I find the One Care backups the easiet to do. I always backup to a disk. I find that you really don't need to backup any system programs. I backup my documents and my email----anything else, I can get back on the other sites. It only takes one disc and I can use it over and over on the express backup. I have had no trouble with backups, and I do them often!

I really like the One Care backups!
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 11:16 PM
  • It's really very easy to do. You can change it anytime. But if you use a disk and change any of the items you backup to a disk, you have to use a new disk. I finally found that out after using so many disks, Now I have used the same one many, many times.

I also found out you don't have to back up system tools or drives. I backup my email and documents and that only takes one DVD-R disk. If you use CD disks you may have to use up to 7. That's why I use a DVD for my backups.

If have Vista, I use that backup for my pictures and use One Care for the email and documents. I like to use both and the fact that I am alerted that my backup is beginning, I can go and just insert my disk and it will back up immediately. (and it doesn't take long either!!---and I have a ton of pictures). People tell me it is better to use only one backup, but I have had no problems using both. Just make sure you use diffferent disks for each one: one disk for One Care backup and one disk for the other backup! AND DON'T FORGET TO LABEL WHICH IS WHICH!

Thursday, June 18, 2009 2:30 AM