Mac Mesh: Unable to sign in to Live Mesh (Error 500) RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have downloaded and installed the new Live Mesh on my Mac device, but the client is unable to sign into Live Mesh. Upon signing in, I get an error dialog titled "Unable to sign in to Live Mesh", and the details read as: "The Live Mesh Agent returned an error: 500".

I have updated 2 out of 3 of my Windows desktop clients and they are able to connect to Live Mesh with no issues.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or know of a work-around?

Thanks,

Rick

Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:57 PM

All replies

• I'm also getting the same error when attempting to connect on my Mac.
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:15 PM
  • Hi,

We need to investigate this to determine the cause.  Please click on the Live Mesh icon in the upper-right of your screen and select "Collect Live Mesh Logs" which will generate a .zip file on your desktop.  Then please send that .zip file to lmprev@microsoft.com, ATTN: Mac: Error 500.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:40 PM
  • Ben,

I have already reported an issue and uploaded the logs.  The issue can be found here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/LiveMesh/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=378598

The Feedback ID is 378598

Rick
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:52 PM
  • Hi Rick,

That's great.  Thank you very much, both for the bug report and the information here (which will make it easier for me and others to track).  We'll definitely let you know when we have a solution to the problem.

Ben.
    Friday, October 31, 2008 2:40 AM
  • Experiencing the same error here after installation and during initial attempt to sign-in. Please post here once error is corrected with fix.

Thanks,
    BennieS
    Friday, October 31, 2008 10:41 PM
  • I log in to my Mac as a Standard user.  I am also getting the 500 error.  I tried logging in to Live Mesh as an Admin user, and it worked!  I'm not enough of a Mac guy to know how to debug something that looks like a permissions issue.  Any workarounds?

Thanks,
    Rick

Friday, October 31, 2008 11:12 PM
  • I am now getting this on a PC client that I am trying to add to my mesh.  I don't think this is an error having to do with the client device operating system...
    Friday, October 31, 2008 11:25 PM
  • I take it back.  I made my account an Admin, and it still wasn't able to log in to Live Mesh.  I created another Standard user account, and it is able to log in to Live Mesh.  There's something in my account which is preventing Live Mesh from working.

Rick

Friday, October 31, 2008 11:25 PM
  • I'm getting the 500 error too. 32-bit Vista.
    First time installing Mesh.
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 12:10 AM
  • I'm also getting this error on Vista SP1 64-bit.
    At first I wasn't able to add new mesh folders (MOE returned 401 Unauthorized) then I tried to uninstall and reinstall mesh. Now I can't login anymore. System restore didn't fix the problem which is weird...
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 5:26 PM
  • I was having this issue on OS X last night. Oddly, it started working as soon as I'd signed out of Messenger using Adium. Is it perhaps a port-conflict?
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 10:29 PM
  • I am seeing this error on Windows XP SP3. Works fine on my Mac. Weird.
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 11:30 PM
  • I was able to get it to work by clearing the cache in both Firefox (my default browser) and by resetting Safari.  I do not know if both steps are required as, unfortunately, I had done both at the same time.
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 3:15 AM
  • i have the same Error 500 on Mac-PRO.

The trace logs shows:
    ERRR,AccountsManager,0,0,5,User sign in failed. Cannot retrieve user account information from the cloud service. Cloud service returned error code:InternalServerError

it seems like there is some internal error on the server. Since so many people facing the same issue, i guess tech preview is not ready for the preview yet....

Sunday, November 2, 2008 3:31 PM
  • ok i got it resolved.

i was able to add my mac-pro to the devices.

you need to use SAFARI (Does not work with FIREFOX)

log into mesh.com and click add new mac device. and then try to login into you mesh client. It will work this time...give it a try...

Sunday, November 2, 2008 3:37 PM
  • Ok, I give up.  I have been trying to get my macbook as an added device for several hours unsuccessfully.  I have read the instructions and these posts, have tried current versions of Firefox and Safari and do not see any "Add Device" anywhere.  I have the logs but not sure which file you need or the best way to send it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Curt
    Monday, November 24, 2008 5:37 PM
  • cjpilot said:

Ok, I give up.  I have been trying to get my macbook as an added device for several hours unsuccessfully.  I have read the instructions and these posts, have tried current versions of Firefox and Safari and do not see any "Add Device" anywhere.  I have the logs but not sure which file you need or the best way to send it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Curt

Hi Curt,

If you log in to www.mesh.com from your Mac and then visit the Devices page, you should see a large '+' sign in an orange circle with "Install Software" below it (we recently changed the wording from "Add Device" to "Install Software" in order to make it more transparent).  Are you not seeing that?

Please let me know, and I'll try to help you get it working.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, November 24, 2008 6:14 PM
  • I had the same problem, but managed to resolve it like so:

- Reset Safari (clear out all cache, cookies, etc)
    - Delete the folder Live Mesh under <user's folder>/Library/Application Support

Start Live Mesh, it'll present a login box and then let you re-add the device and re-synchronize your folders.

It seems like the issue is with Live Mesh caching old login data or something like that.
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:49 AM
  • I am having the same problem. I tried everything mentioned and nothing seems to work. Just waiting for an answer.
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 9:13 PM
  • dctocali said:

I am having the same problem. I tried everything mentioned and nothing seems to work. Just waiting for an answer.

Hi,

Please go ahead and collect your Live Mesh logs (instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums), and send them to lmprev@microsoft.com (please include your forum handle and the title of this forum thread in your email).  Or you can open a bug through our Connect site and attach the logs there.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 9:19 PM
  • Live Mesh was working on my Mac (Leopard), but now I can't login via the client. I get a message telling me that the password is incorrect. I have no problem logging into the web interface.

Interestingly, I tried removing my existing Mac Device and re adding it..
    I can't add a device. I'm stuck in a loop where it tells me to install the software.

Help?
    Friday, August 7, 2009 8:46 AM
  • This sounds like the same issue from this thread, Matt.
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/59f52bfd-aad1-42d1-81c3-da431e8069ec

I'll ping my contact on the Live Mesh team to see what might be up.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, August 7, 2009 12:37 PM