Remote desktop ActiveX error, need help RRS feed

• Question

• I reinstalled WHS Connector software and I am having a problem with loging on to the console,(An error occurred in the Remote Desktop ActiveX control on your computer) That is the error coming up and I can not logon to the console, I have uninstalled and cleaned out files and reinstalled and I get the same error back, I Need some help.  Thank You.

Chalie432         Email    ursaalgolsky@hotmail.com
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 6:43 PM

All replies

• I reinstalled WHS Connector software and I am having a problem with loging on to the console,(An error occurred in the Remote Desktop ActiveX control on your computer) That is the error coming up and I can not logon to the console, I have uninstalled and cleaned out files and reinstalled and I get the same error back, I Need some help.  Thank You.

Chalie432         Email    ursaalgolsky@hotmail.com

I assume you mean you are trying to open the Console from a client PC within your local network (not through the Remote Access website)?  If so, what OS is on your client?  Did you try rebooting your client?  Do you have another client in your local network?  If so, are you able to connect to the Console from that?
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 7:40 PM
  • I have 3 PC all running XP Pro service pack 3, The two other pc I reinstalled WHS connector on are running fine, The main computer in the network is the one I am having trouble with there is all was one, I Have uninstalled, deleted files, cleaned rigistry key, reinstalled a couple of times and still have the problem. I am out of ideas.

Looking for more input to this problem this WHS connector software was working fine befor upgrading from eval copy.

Thank You    Charlie-432  ursaalgolsky@hotmail.com
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 9:01 PM
  • I have 3 PC all running XP Pro service pack 3, The two other pc I reinstalled WHS connector on are running fine, The main computer in the network is the one I am having trouble with there is all was one, I Have uninstalled, deleted files, cleaned rigistry key, reinstalled a couple of times and still have the problem. I am out of ideas.

Looking for more input to this problem this WHS connector software was working fine befor upgrading from eval copy.

Thank You    Charlie-432  ursaalgolsky@hotmail.com

Are you trying through the Connector software icon in the system tray, or through the Remote Access website?
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 6:52 PM